• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got the Evo, what should i do now?

Opening your Evo you mean physically or turning it on and being awe struck.
Activate phone
Play with your seven homescreens, HTC or Sprint or someone put things on each screen, I suggest a fresh wipe and starting from there. Go into menu>scenes>clean slate then add your own individualized flair to it.

Prior to getting your Evo, you probably read things like rooting the phone, don't worry about that yet, first get aquainted with it.

So turn it on and play with it. Read about battery use and what to turn off and keep on. play with live wallpaper, etc. Just play with it. Learn to make phone calls--different on a ts than a phone, add your contacts, your fb if you are into that, linkdin twitter--I never could get into twitter--go into the apps thread and see what apps you would like and find useful for you.

Its your phone make it yours and play.

Upvote 0
Starting a new Scene doesnt really "wipe" anything from your phone. Its just giving you a blank setup to modify to your hearts content. A FACTORY RESET will wipe your phone back to its initial settings.

I would do what nu2android suggested, first setting up your phone to how you want it. Then, I would either browse the market, or find some of the threads on here of other Android User's favorite applications, and start downloading some that interest you. I'd suggest Astro be the first you get, as its basically a file manager for your phone. Once you got the layout and a few applications, the rest is up to you. You can start putting music on it, look into applications more in-depth, and just browse the forums. There's alot of great info on here! :)

Upvote 0
My opinion is that you should find the standard 2.2 keyboard. The one that HTC provides is not to my liking, especially after switching from an iphone. If you are new to Android in general, one thing that helped me, after I found it, was going into every app and tapping the menu button. Check out all of the options available in each app to change the phone to suit your likings and needs. The Evo is an awesome phone and Android is the most customizable mobile os ever. Read, read, read the forums. Also check out the xda developers website. With the combination of xda and androidforums, there is a ton of knowledge. Last, but not least, enjoy your new Evo!

Upvote 0
You just got your Evo... what to do, what to do...

Tried making a phone call yet?

Maybe make a video, using the Evo, of you destroying your old phone... ball bean hammers work wonders for that. Make sure you do H.264 recording so it's not choppy! I don't want to miss one frame of watching your old phone being obliterated!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones