Just got the Fascinate. Couple of problems.Support

Last Updated:

1. buur

buur Member This Topic's Starter

I've been playing with my Fascinate and so far I love it, save for a couple of problems. When I try and download Google Maps it goes just fine but when I attempt to launch it I get an error that says:

"Sorry! The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I've uninstalled and reinstalled but just can't get it to load. Any suggestions?

Also there seems to be a very slight lag with the keyboard. Not sure if that is just Swype or just how things are. Would I be better off with a different keyboard?

Otherwise the phone is great so far. I love the freedom of Android (coming from an iphone). It's already rooted and I did the google fix and it went great.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to the Fascinate area of Android Forums, buur.

I moved your question up to the Support and Troubleshooting section where it'll probably get more help for your device's issues.

That "..Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly.." phrase comes up in many devices running Android, I've noticed. The factory data reset seems to be the only cure, and even then it may not be successful.

Menu > settings > privacy > factory data reset.

3. buur

buur Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, Frisco. I appreciate it. Will I have to re-root if I do a factory data reset? Sorry if it is a dumb question. I looked around and can't seem to find the answer.

4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Its kinda hit and miss and it seems device dependent. I will venture a guess that you will retain root; but even if you lose it, it'll be what 5 minutes to re root.