Just got the Inc. Love it....one problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. Rez90

Rez90 Member This Topic's Starter

I like to type on the larger qwerty keyboard but every time i turn the phone on it's side it either doesn't change to landscape view or it takes forever.

then once it actually changes....it doesn't go back when i turn it upright again....unless i go home and start all over.

I calibrated a few times but it doesn't seem to help. Is there a way to make this feature more sensitive?

But for whatever it's worth....the incredible is far superior to my samsung moment i had.....

Advertisement
  2. DxJustin

DxJustin Active Member

Sometimes with both the Incredible and the Droid that once I tried changing orientations I would have to give the phone a little wiggle then it would adjust.

3. viperboy

viperboy Well-Known Member

Menu > Settings > Sounds and Display > Orientation. Uncheck and than recheck. If it's still not working properly, I would master reset. If it still is not functioning properly, I would get it exchanged.

4. Rez90

Thanks. I'm going to give it a try. i have to stop by verizon monday anyway so i'll play with their tester and see if it's any better.

5. Plumrt

Plumrt Well-Known Member

Mine is flawless. Only a moment delay, then switches quickly and stays.

6. djam418

djam418 Member

I've noticed that it only goes to landscape mode when I turn it to my left; so that the red earpiece is on the left.

7. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

some of the programs for text input do not allow for landscape orientation.

Take for example the calender app. When i try to enter a new event it wont work in landscape.

Can someone else test their calender app to see if the rotation works for them?

thx

8. Blaven

Blaven Active Member

Yeah it doesn't go into landscape view for the calendar for me either, no biggie since i don't really use it.

9. Lefort1

Lefort1 Well-Known Member

DEFINITELY try calibrating the phone!!!!!

Menu -> Settings -> Sound & Display -> G-sensor Calibration (all the way at the bottom)

Try this, it helped speedup and improve my landscape/portrait switching

10. Rez90

Thanks for all the responses.

11. bigvinny

bigvinny Well-Known Member

That's not defect. It is mentioned somewhere (in the manual, I think?) that portrait mode works only in one direction, as to have earpiece on the left as you stated.

djam418 likes this.
  12. ubet

ubet Well-Known Member

Their is a free app for it in the market I got it and its been flawless

13. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

Try opening the game "Teeter" that comes with the phone. It should play quite smoothly and sensitive, very realistic to the real wooden labyrinth puzzles. If you experience any problems inside here, something might be wrong.

Also, open up to calibration so you can see the level bubbles and move the camera around and see if they are acting fast and smoothly with your motions.

Oh, also, when you are turning it to go into landscape, try not to have the phone tilted back much so the sensor can be a little more accurate.

14. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

I highly suggest you try out swype. You won't ever need to go to landscape after that.

IncrediblyCool likes this.
  15. svwilbur

svwilbur Well-Known Member

But it is a nice feature to have lanscape in the other mode as Left-handed people would like the Optical joystick and buttons on the left.

16. BrainZblown

BrainZblown Well-Known Member

This is the only advantage the storm has over this phone. The switching from landscape to portrait and vise versa was faster on the storm. Also, the ability to go to landscape on to the left or right. Hopefully in a future update this issue can be addressed

17. kramerica

kramerica Well-Known Member

I am also disappointed this doesn't go in to landscape with calendar. Came from a Droid and that "app" did. Find it a nuisance more than a deal breaker as I am really excited about this phone, but if you happen to find a "fix", please let me know. Thanks!

18. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

Mine is also slow to switch between screen modes.

19. AlexNC

AlexNC Well-Known Member

Original poster ...

When you turn the Incredible on its side, slightly lean it back. This will help make it go into landscape mode.

20. Locoman

Locoman Well-Known Member

I had the same problem. I made the dumb mistake by calibrating it by putting the phone on its side instead of laying it on its back to calibrate it. After laying it on its back then calibrating it it worked fine.

21. CM67

CM67 Well-Known Member

Yeah you actually lay it flat on the back so the camera lense is resting on the table or whatever you are laying it down on.

I was standing mine up on end to calibrate, after laying it on the back its super fast again to change screens.