• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got the Moment phone last week

justus

Lurker
Jul 6, 2010
Hello, I bought the Moment phone for several reasons:
1. Builtin camera light
2. Access to apps
3. Call messaging
4. Navigational uses

What I am not used to is the fact that the screen stays lit and I must manually turn off the phone. I am assuming it is eating battery life.

One of the main features I bought if for was the secret ability to be use as a modem for my laptop. No luck so far. If anyone can help I would be so thankful.

Justus

Hey there, welcome to the forums. Don't quote me on this, but I believe if you "root" the phone, then you can use the wireless tethering, not sure on that though. There is a forum linked below that is all about the Samsung Moment and has a ton of info for you, including a subsection on "all things root"...

Samsung Moment - Android Forums

You can also adjust the screen thing, go to "settings", then "sound and display", then scroll down to "screen timeout" and adjust that setting to how you'd like it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones