1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Just got the Razor, 3g/4g Issue,

1. TheSuperman

TheSuperman Well-Known Member

I just got the Razor, and it seems that more often than not, I have no service in places that I had service with my old Galaxy S phone.

Is this do to the fact that the phone is always going back an forth between 3g & 4g?

Are there certain settings that should be in-place to improve network stability?

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Do these places have 4g?
  3. TheSuperman

I honesty have no idea, nor would I know how to verify that?
  4. alejovh1

alejovh1 Well-Known Member

maybe is the area, I have never had a problem with data, always 4G and very seldom 3G inside buildings
  5. TheSuperman

Who knows, the phone was just activated yesterday, maybe it's an isolated issue. I'll see how it works during the next few days.
  6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Try disabling 4g and see if that helps a bit.
  7. tnstra

tnstra Well-Known Member

I've had my Razr for 2 or 3 weeks now and I use it on CDMA only and yesterday (12/13) it dropped 3G twice once in Eastern Pa and once in Northern NJ for like 10 minutes each time, and the signal was stellar. Today it dropped 3G for a couple minutes in central PA but it could have been tower location.
  8. lxy33

lxy33 Well-Known Member

How do you disable 4g?
  9. edstewbob

edstewbob Well-Known Member

Settings, Wireless & networks, Mobile networks, Network Mode, CDMA only
    bksppb likes this.
  10. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

So far, EVERY 4G device on VZW wireless has the issue. Gnex users reporting it too. Seems it is either the current chip technology in general, or the network itself.

VZW may be still refining the network and transition, so the result is some "random" areas see the problems and others do not.