1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Just got the Verizon OTA .General

1. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

None that I have noticed.
  2. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

No, this upgrade does not add this.
  3. Poboy

Poboy Well-Known Member

I got the update this morning and all my attempts to copy text to the clipboard cause it to lock up and the program to force close. I have been reading about the issue on the forum, very annoying
  4. mikes1

mikes1 Well-Known Member

Dang. I really liked using that =(
  5. QBall3

QBall3 New Member

Just installed in San Diego. A quick check is showing everything working so far.
  6. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

Do I have to re-enable all the apps I disabled before updating?
  7. dennygreen

dennygreen Well-Known Member

doesn't seem to do anything.

It for sure didn't fix any of the problems I've been waiting 2 months to have fixed.
  8. jackdubl

jackdubl Well-Known Member

Update will fail if you have non-stock recovery.
  9. RedStorm

RedStorm Well-Known Member

mostly just a maintenance update, fixes the no sim error on reboot, improves S beam a bit, adds Verizons remote diagnostics tool (it allows verizon techs to view your phone over the internet while your on a troubleshooting call with them) bla bla bla bloatware, new bootloader... not really to exciting
  10. BIG CAT 7

BIG CAT 7 Well-Known Member

I checked for the update on mine and it keeps saying service unavailable. Anyone else get this and how did you fix it? I'm not rooted or unlocked either. Bone stock. Please help!
  11. grossie

grossie Well-Known Member

As soon as that bootloader got unlocked I flashed a custom rom (CM10 nightlies). I'm awfully glad I did it now, would hate to lose that unlocked bootloader.

To anyone who has no idea what I'm talking about- rooting and loading a custom rom allows you to use YOUR phone to its full potential. Not being rooted means you have to use whatever is deemed appropriate by VZW. A good example is that if you're rooted you can use wifi tether without paying the skim to Verizon for it. I know someone will accuse me of stealing (not saying I use tether, but theoretically...). That argument is more complex than you might think.

It's very difficult to brick this phone, so don't be afraid! (to "brick" means you kill the phone, effectively turning it from a phone into a brick).
  12. grossie

grossie Well-Known Member

Just double checked, it seems that root & unlock are still possible with this OTA. Please ignore my rant above :)
  13. 120inna55

120inna55 Member

Sorry to hear that. I've heard about the issue, too, but I guess I dodged that bullet. This update did not adversely affect my phone, and copy/paste still works for me.
  14. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Seems no change for me. Same many good things, same few bad things.
  15. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Well-Known Member

My phone just got pushed the update as well.
  16. Minimike

Minimike Well-Known Member

I ran the update 2 days ago. Just tried GPS and it is VERY wonky, It took 15 minutes to get a position and then was a poor one. It might just be a poor constellation or the update. Time will tell.
  17. qetuop

qetuop Active Member

Is there a way to turn off automatic updates? I know with my droid X one update made it harder to root so I just never took it. I'd like to choose to update my phone.
  18. arche3

arche3 Well-Known Member

I got the update notification few days ago. I ran and failed a few times. And now it says I am up to date. ? I do not have the new L7 update. Still on original L2 as before. Should I even care? Phone under check for update now says no update available,

Stock s3.
  19. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Well-Known Member

Mine just updated, so came here to see what ya are saying....not sure what the upgrade includes/does/etc. Should I be concerned about anything or just enjoy? :D
  20. kennychaffin

21. CyHawk

CyHawk Well-Known Member

I never had the choice to accept this update. Just had a notice this morning that my phone was updated. Universal search is now gone.
  22. kennychaffin

What's Universal search?

Mine was a notice that it was going to be installed, not sure if there was a choice or not. Probably not I suspect as they need to keep everything in line for support and it looks like a lot of this update was devoted to being able to support the phone/os.
  23. Drunder40

Drunder40 Well-Known Member

looks like the AT&T update got different stuff than the Verizon update.. Thought it was the exact same update for all carriers.
  24. antoeknee

antoeknee Well-Known Member

Do I understand correctly that you keep going to settings to adjust screen brightness?

There are plenty of widgets that allow to change brighness from one of the home screens. I use one thats part of Widgetsoid and have it set to toggle between 3 brightness levels, 10/40/100% (these are user definable).
  25. cmybliss

cmybliss Well-Known Member

Mine tried to update over night. Woke up to an update failed notice. I'm stock, not rooted. Not too worried about this one, but concerns me for JB.