Just got this phone I need help, just a few questions, pleaseGeneral

Last Updated: 2014-01-07 18:16:51
  1. Subzero111

Subzero111 Member

So if I want to listen to my mp3's on my phone, do I simply connect the phone to the pc and drag and drop the mp3's in the phone will it put them in right folder automaticly ? Then what do I do to play them just tap on the mp3 is there already a app install on the phone to play them ? thanks

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

1) No, you should make a folder for them and put them there. You can't drop them "on the phone", you have to drop them in a folder.

2) I don't have a G2, but I'll bet there's a music player in it - and mp3 would be one of the file types that any music player would support. Either run the music player and choose the song to play or press the mp3 file in a file manager (that's the only way you're going to see it) and it'll play.
  3. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Not to step on any toes @Rukbat

But when I got my g2 about a month ago, I also just dragged and dropped my mp3's without a folder and my phone detected them without a hitch.

As far as a music player goes, yes the g2 comes with one, named "music"
  4. stef7

stef7 Well-Known Member

FWIW: I disabled Chrome (I'm not sure how many others out there use it). I use Firefox instead. I liked Dolphin and liked how I could get to bookmarks by sliding the window to the right... but I had problems with Dolphin. Firefox... I like it, but Bookmarking and accessing Bookmarks is a little counter-intuitive. On stock, I'd really like the generic Android Browser, but apparently you can't "side-load" it. Cry.

There used to be a way in older versions of Android to create browser short-cuts and associate icons with them. I think that older functionality is gone. That is what the OP wants ultimately. In the PlayStore try URL Shortcut. Install it. Then long-press a home screen. Select widgets. Find URL Shortcuts. Select it. Now, type in a name, and the URL you want to go to. You can modify the icon by long pressing on it. HTH.

FWIW: to play music, I use a download a 3rd party app if you like. I use something called MixZing. It will scan your device for media. Otherwise, yes, go to Apps, and pull up File Manager. It will navigate your phone's file structure and it will also detect your music and provide a means to select songs.
  5. Largepkg

Largepkg Well-Known Member

You could also use the wireless storage option. I couldn't get my computer to recognize the phone when plugged in for some reason but the wireless option built into this phone worked perfectly. Transfers were fast as well. I transferred about 3 gigs of pictures and audio in a couple minutes.

The audio player recognized them right away.
  6. Subzero111

Subzero111 Member

Well I guess I have more than just one question,

Do I need to install a Flash Player of sorts, I've been able to play videos off of YouTube fine.

By the way I noticed that on some webpages their are advertisements playing at the bottom of the screen kinda annoying. On my PC I don't have this problem cause I use Adblock Plus with my Firefox. So what can I use that will block these adverts on my phone and whats the best ones ? By the way I'm using the chrome browser.

By the way is this Tapatalk 2 people are using the same as the one that's on my phone now that I use ? or is this a third party app ?

thanks guys for answering my questions. I think I'm almost there.
  7. stef7

stef7 Well-Known Member

Likely, you'll have more and more questions come up as you ramp up your knowledge... Don't worry about asking for help.

For add blocking you might be able to use the Android Beta of AdBlock

andblock - Android Adblock (BETA) - Google Project Hosting

Visit that page while on your phone. On the left you will see a .APK file. Selecting the link for that - it should cause it to download onto your device. To install it (or "sideload" it - this is the term for stuff that doesn't come from the PlayStore), you will need to set your phone to accept installing from unknown sources. Settings | Security | Unknown sources and check it. Actually, do this before visiting the page. Good luck.