Just got used Moment, need to return to stock .....

Last Updated:

1. April_Fool_79

April_Fool_79 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have some experience with rooting, since I currently own an EVO and just upgraded from a Hero, but I haven't done anything with the Moment yet, so I apologize if I say something that is incredibly stupid. :)

A friend just changed out his phone, and gave me his old Moment so I can put it on my mom's line since her phone was stolen. He rooted it and has a custom ROM on it, but no SD card in it with a recovery image. I'm trying to get it back to the stock Sprint ROM since my mom is in no way tech savvy, and this will be easier for her (also she wants to be able to use the NASCAR And Football apps, and from my understanding they don't play nice with custom ROMS). I'm not even sure what ROM he has on the phone. This is the info that is in the "About Phone" section:

Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
    Baseband Version: S:M900.8.0S.DD03
    Kernel Version: 2.6.29
    Build Number: ECLAIR.DE03
    Hardware Version: M900.8.0

What is going to be the easiest way to get this back to stock so I can get it activated for her? I appreciate any help that you guys can give. :)

Thanks again!!

Advertisement
  2. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Easiest way to go to stock is to use the sprint update tool that will flash the latest official rom on it and remove root access. This should be a direct link I grabbed out of another thread:

http://www6.sprint.com/downloads/samsung/executables/SamsungMoment_Update_MR4.exe

Btw, the sprint nascar and nfl apps play just fine with custom roms. They're just two of the first apps people remove to reduce bloat. :)

3. April_Fool_79

April_Fool_79 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Unfortunately, that link downloads an .exe file to my computer, but when I click on it, I get a message that it's an invalid file. The Sprint website is down (again), so I can't get it from there right now, but is that going to be the same thing that I can download?

4. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

5. HeadlessPonch

HeadlessPonch Well-Known Member

That looks like the stock ROM already, but the older firmware/software. Once the phone is back on the sprint network it should update OTA to the latest version, or download
    From the link ovrrdrive provided.

6. wachalookinat

wachalookinat New Member

Thanks a million! This saved me time and rescued my moment!