• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just how water resistant

rabidhunter

Android Expert
Jan 23, 2012
Illinois
One of the cool features of the new DROID phones features water resistant nano-technology. Is anybody familiar with the nano-technology being used by Motorola for the DROIDS.

I'm just curious as to how water resistant these things will be using the scale below.

a) small drops of water
b) water glass tipped on phone
c) bus drives through puddle, splashes wave on phone while texting
d) texting when sudden torrential rainfall happens
e) dropped phone in shallow puddle
f) pushed into a pool while talking spent two seconds under 2' of water
g) phone drops to bottom of 8' pool, takes several minutes to recover
h) Jacques Cousteau could have used the phone to text Flipper

I know this thread is really old, but I'll answer to the best of my knowledge...

I had the old RAZR, and multiple times dropped it into small puddles at work. It was never submerged, but did get quite wet. I never had a single problem because of it... They aren't waterproof, but surely are protected from small quick bouts of being wet. I have read of people submerging them completely and not having issues, although I wouldn't test the theory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones