• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just in case you guys were wondering the Verizon screen protectors are absolute crap.

They don't need to cover the entire screen. They just need to protect the main screen area. I actually like this feature. With my droid eris screen protector that covered the entire front of the face it made the soft buttons alot less responsive. Many times i've have to push them 2-3 times to get them to respond and this screen protector doesn't have that issue. I'll be interested to see if anyone else has sensitivity issues with the soft buttons after applying a full screen protector.

Upvote 0
Stopped by the main Seattle Verizon store last night hoping for a second battery, but nobody there could say when they'd be in stock there. But bought some cheap protection with their lightweight, $14.99, black wrap...and their screen protectors. They offered to put it on...I let them. It's perfect...except it picks up fingerprints real quick, even with a clean hand!

Upvote 0
Stopped by the main Seattle Verizon store last night hoping for a second battery, but nobody there could say when they'd be in stock there. But bought some cheap protection with their lightweight, $14.99, black wrap...and their screen protectors. They offered to put it on...I let them. It's perfect...except it picks up fingerprints real quick, even with a clean hand!
You know for less than $8, you could have gotten 2 PhantomSkinz, right?

Upvote 0
Yes they do. That area would look awful if get scratched. Plus it looks stupid when it does not cover the entire glass, not only that but it will peel off easier. Its just a very poor design and a waste of $$$

Have you ever used an android phone with soft buttons with a full screen protector? I had one on my eris and the sensitivity was horrible. I'd have to push buttons 3-4 times to get them to register. I'm happy with just covering the screen.

Upvote 0
I installed two of these on my dad and I's incredibles.

Easiest screen protectors I have ever put on. Feel nicer than Zagg skins. Zero bubbles and the ones it did have came out with no effort.

Installation is extremely easy. Turn on the hot shower to steam up the room so there is no dust floating around. Wash hands and apply slowly. Once the bathroom was steamy I installed them in about 30 seconds.

I used to use zagg long ago but then I got my storm and couldn't use them after that. I hated the feeling of my finger not smoothly sliding along the screen with no effort. I really love these verizon ones.

My only qualm is that it doesn't cover the whole front panel.

Upvote 0

lol I stopped by there last night to grab a pack and they said they can't put them on for me because in case they mess up, they have to keep using more and could run through an entire supply "for free" - I'm not sweating it though - we just got them to hold our two phones over until the Steinheil protectors come out. Just thought it was funny.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones