• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just migrated from blackberry to iphone to android and need some help

Hello everybody, i was a blackberry user who went to iphone 4s for some time and now i just went with android. I just bought my Htc One X. Very nice phone. I just have one question....I would like to know is there anyway to get my emails any faster in android?

My emails were extremely fast in blackberry.
My emails were OK fast with iphone 4s

I have my gmail acct and some hotmail and yahoo accounts... i have my hotmail email setup as push email. Still it comes with a lot of lag... i mean comes in slower than i would expect.

Is there any application which i can use as an email client?

I am always on Wifi. Looking forward to some tips. Thanks in advance !

Hmm, as far a gmail goes it's always been a little slow for me too. I use Yahoo as my main email account, only have gmail for the phone. I was using the stock Android email app synced to my Yahoo for a long time but I too did not like how slow it was getting my emails to me. But the last straw was when it started screwing up the dates, giving emails a date of 1969??? So those never showed up because they were put at the bottom of the list. I downloaded the actual Yahoo! Mail app and now it's much better. I get notifications pretty much immediately for new emails, and all the dates are correct.

If you haven't already, try downloading the email apps made by Yahoo and Hotmail (if Hotmail has one, I'm not sure about that) and see if that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones