• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just nandroid, no new ROM

This may seem silly, but I haven't been able to find the answer...

I want to do a nandroid backup, but NOT flash a new ROM - I'm quite happy with the one I've got - but I was going to mess around with things a bit and wanted to play it safe.

Here's my guess... can someone confirm/correct, please?

1. Power off.
2. Power up, holding down Vol-Up and End/Power.
3. Select Backup/Restore.
4. Select Nand Backup.
5. Click to confirm.
6. Wait.
7. Now what? Either Reboot System Now, or Power Off is my guess, but I will admit to being clueless at this point.

thanks in advance!

This may seem silly, but I haven't been able to find the answer...

I want to do a nandroid backup, but NOT flash a new ROM - I'm quite happy with the one I've got - but I was going to mess around with things a bit and wanted to play it safe.

Here's my guess... can someone confirm/correct, please?

1. Power off.
2. Power up, holding down Vol-Up and End/Power.
3. Select Backup/Restore.
4. Select Nand Backup.
5. Click to confirm.
6. Wait.
7. Now what? Either Reboot System Now, or Power Off is my guess, but I will admit to being clueless at this point.

thanks in advance!

mhseris,

Your steps look just fine. Step 7 will be to reboot.

Just make sure your phone is fully-charged while doing the Nandorid backup (I always make sure mine is charged and plugged-in during this or any recovery-related process).

Cheers!

Reactions: mhseris
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones