• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just need some quick help

JediSamReye

Apr 3, 2010
Ok so i just rooted my eris, and got it to the eris21official-root, there are a few things that i really want and i was wondering if i have to do an add or what to make these work from here, thanks so much for helping me with this

-Live wallpapers
-Nexus launcher
-a better looking photo gallery viewer, im stuck at the stock crap one
-a better music player same reason as above
-and last is a better lock screen, i really liked the one that had the slient button and the lock on the same dial and it was just which way you spun it

or and maybe a better dialer if there is something that has all of this or some that would be great thanks again

Ok so i just rooted my eris, and got it to the eris21official-root, there are a few things that i really want and i was wondering if i have to do an add or what to make these work from here, thanks so much for helping me with this

-Live wallpapers
-Nexus launcher
-a better looking photo gallery viewer, im stuck at the stock crap one
-a better music player same reason as above
-and last is a better lock screen, i really liked the one that had the slient button and the lock on the same dial and it was just which way you spun it

or and maybe a better dialer if there is something that has all of this or some that would be great thanks again

AndroidSPIN Release Database

or you can check the XDA boards too

Upvote 0
So how do i do this? like do i download the rom and then put it on my sd card and boot into recovery mode and go from, i think this is part i need the most help with. thanks again

there are a lot of tutorials out there ....... but the quick version is...

download the rom you want to try .....put it on your sd card (root section)

then boot into recovery, make a nandroid back up of the rom you are currently running (if you like it) , wipe data and davlik cache

flash new rom zip file

reboot

http://theunlockr.com/2010/03/19/how-to-load-a-custom-rom-on-the-htc-droid-eris/

Reactions: JediSamReye
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones