• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Just now I am rooting, BUT...

Before I went to bed, I decided to try the Odin procedure once more. It WORKED!!! I'm now rooted!

Just a side note/comment: I have to say, I must have gotten spoiled when I had my EVO 4G and needed help. The EVO 4G ATR forum is possibly THE busiest of all forums! Oh well, perhaps in time, this one will populate nicely:p...!

Upvote 0
This forum is quite slow. I wanna know what I gotta do to switch from cm10 to something else. I no answer.

I hear ya! Must be darn few of us who have actually rooted and are interested in moving into more 'tech-y' stuff :D

I wish I could help you with the switching roms but you are farther down the path than I at this point. All I did is as stated above, and I still have the stock 'look' and all but I am rooted, have the TWRP recovery, AND I unlocked the bootloader just this afternoon! So...

I'm ready to start flashing different roms here soon but I'm kinda tired of seeing the sun shining outside and I'm inside sittin' at the pc!

Have you looked at the ROM section in post #2 here ---> [Guide] Step-by-Step Rooting & Flashing - Android Forums Just be sure to read the OP remarks/instructions and should be good to go...:thinking:

Upvote 0
If I just flash a new rom , won't cm10 still be there? I don't have to delete cm10? Or install the backup I made before flashing cyanoginmod?
Flashing overwrites the system that's on there. The typical process in CWM/TWRP is:
1) Make a backup (optional)
2) Factory reset
3) Clear cache
4) Clear dalvik cache
5) Flash ROM
6) Reboot
7) ???
8) Profit

Reactions: dkl1
Upvote 0
If I just flash a new rom , won't cm10 still be there? I don't have to delete cm10? Or install the backup I made before flashing cyanoginmod?

If you like CM10 back it up then wipe data and flash the new ROM, that way if you don't like the new ROM you can just restore the old ROM, or if the new ROM fails and wont boot you at least have the backup you can restore. I generally install a new ROM weekly unless I find one I really like I may keep that for a month or two.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones