1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Just Once or Always - how to undo?Support

1. light touch

light touch Member

I've done a silly thing.
    I pressed the Always button in stead of the Just Once.
    Please tell me how to undo this setting.
    I was selecting ringtones and given the option when looking for my ringtone files. Grrhh.
    thanks,

Advertisement
    :
  2. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

Go to Settings - Application Manager - view ALL.

Find the app you loved so much to set it for "always" :) , and clear the Defaults". It's at the lower part of the screen, so if not visible, scroll.
    joesixpack and light touch like this.
  3. light touch

light touch Member

Ah! That's how I missed it. Thank you so much for your help, esp the speedy reply. Great. I am happy now:beer:
  4. joesixpack

joesixpack Well-Known Member

Who at Google thought this was a good idea? I've hated this "feature" since my GNex. I never can commit to an "Always" on anything (except my Nova launcher).
  5. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

DITTO!
    Nova = Always

For me this is an on going love/hate relationship.

Whenever I open a link and I'm asked to make the choice when I don't need it, I look at that damn menu and hate the extra step. But when I need it, I'm only too happy to be given the choice :)
  6. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

It applies to things besides links to websites. For example, for a link to an address I want it to always pick Google Maps/Navigation.

But you're right, for a lot of things I will always want the choice.
  7. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

Someone who knew what they were doing.

It would infuriate me if I had to answer this question 100 times a day. Once I decide which app I like best, I always pick "Always".
  8. s4 fan

s4 fan New Member

Hi, I cleared the defaults for Chrome and Internet and other apps I opened but I still don't get the choice menu.
    Thanks
  9. RhysLlewellyn

RhysLlewellyn Well-Known Member

MX player for all video is fine by me. Being able to adjust volume and brightness from touching the screen... I love that app.

One thing that I wish I could set to always is when browsing through contacts... I have postcodes (zip codes for the Americans) stored in contacts details as you normally would... If I press on the postcode I have the option for map but not directly to navigate!? So I have to press additional buttons.

However I've heard a lot of people talk about waze so I've downloaded that and it appears as an option to "always use" when clicking on postcodes in my contacts list.
  10. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

Either you haven't cleared the right app, or there is no second choice (e.g., if Chrome is the only browser you have installed, anytime a function needs to access a browser it will open Chrome without asking
  11. dierna

dierna Well-Known Member

I'm having a problem on both my Note 8.0 and my S4, so I'm thinking this is a Samsung problem.

I'm having trouble getting these two devices to remember my default app choices. For example, if I want to download a PDF from a webpage that I've opened in Chrome, it gives me three apps that I can use to download the PDF... Internet (which I've disabled, so you'd think it would stop showing up), Chrome, and MoonReader.

I want to use Chrome, so I select it and tap "Always", and it gives me a message saying "clear default app settings by going to Settings / Application Manager / All".

I have already cleared the default app settings, and this message ALWAYS comes up when I want to download a new PDF. It never seems to remember my choice. It isn't PDF specific. I have this issue with opening YouTube links, and when opening links embedded in emails, and a few other things occasionally.

I did not have this problem with my previous phone, which was a Galaxy S2X, but I do have it on both of my brand new Samsung devices.