• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just ordered my Photon!

Also for everyone who is worried about when a product ships out. Amazon is a good gauge for big companies, they can ship and have it to you the next day on most items so long as it's ordered by 7:00 P.M. (EST) which means that is when FedEX does their final pick up there. I would imagine Sprint is around the same since they ship so much...but as I said earlier anywhere from 3:30 - 5:30 (EST) is a good guess as to final pickup.

Upvote 0
i keep checking Sprint | Check Your Order Status every 15 minutes lol

Just a word to the wise since the company I work for does a lot of shipping; more than likely you will receive the email about shipping at the same time or before that site updates. Not that it matters since it's still fun to play the waiting game with those.

Upvote 0
If you don't get a tracking number today, don't assume you won't see your phone tomorrow, either. I'm in Indy and I've received orders from Sprint the following day without even getting a notification that they had been shipped ;)

lol awesome. That's gonna be nail biter tomorrow. I just moved and at my old house UPS would always come around 6 or so in the evening which meant I was going all day like a kid on Christmas. Hopefully at the new place UPS is a little earlier so I can pick it up at lunch!

Upvote 0
If you don't get a tracking number today, don't assume you won't see your phone tomorrow, either. I'm in Indy and I've received orders from Sprint the following day without even getting a notification that they had been shipped ;)

Considering Indy is around 500 miles away from Sprint's Headquarters and Wherehouse, I can see how the orders would get to you so quickly.

Upvote 0
I've got the DSLR ready so we can get some high res images...let me know if there are any specific requests.

If you take pictures of the PenTile display which are less than flattering, please be sure to note if and how what you actually percieve with your own eyes differs from what the photos might lead people to believe about the display.

Upvote 0
If you take pictures of the PenTile display which are less than flattering, please be sure to note if and how what you actually percieve with your own eyes differs from what the photos might lead people to believe about the display.

Will do, but it should be noted I am not a huge resolution nerd so my opinion might not be the best.

Are requests only limited to the phone pics? If not my list might be pretty extensive

Whatever you want I'll try to get pics and video of, but I am a busy guy especially during the day and my girlfriend and I go on a date every Friday so it might not be an immediate turn around.

Upvote 0
Hey,

Congrats to all you Premier people who ordered today. It wasn't too long ago (last month) that I was in the same position with the Evo 3D. Are you all counting the hours and have both ears listening for a rumbling UPS truck outside? :)

I'll confirm that the Sprint tracking site is kinda flaky. The vast majority of you will receive your phone tomorrow, regardless of whether that tracking site is updated. I got my phone before it updated. Which means my F5 button is all worn out for nothing.

According to the tracking history, they flew the phone from the warehouse to my local UPS hub on the day I placed the order. From there, it got placed on a truck and was scheduled for delivery the next day. So if your UPS truck comes at a pretty regular time, that will be the time your phone arrives.

Hard to imagine that anyone could be disappointed with the Photon. Can't wait to read about the initial impressions. twospirits will take good care of you guys, just like he did with the Evo 4G forums when that phone was released. Enjoy :)

Upvote 0
Hey,

Congrats to all you Premier people who ordered today. It wasn't too long ago (last month) that I was in the same position with the Evo 3D. Are you all counting the hours and have both ears listening for a rumbling UPS truck outside? :)

I'll confirm that the Sprint tracking site is kinda flaky. The vast majority of you will receive your phone tomorrow, regardless of whether that tracking site is updated. I got my phone before it updated. Which means my F5 button is all worn out for nothing.

According to the tracking history, they flew the phone from the warehouse to my local UPS hub on the day I placed the order. From there, it got placed on a truck and was scheduled for delivery the next day. So if your UPS truck comes at a pretty regular time, that will be the time your phone arrives.

Hard to imagine that anyone could be disappointed with the Photon. Can't wait to read about the initial impressions. twospirits will take good care of you guys, just like he did with the Evo 4G forums when that phone was released. Enjoy :)

Can't wait to see the reviews. After Best Buy gave a confirmation in their forum section that they'll be selling the phone, I'll be driving down the hill to pick it up on Sunday.

Upvote 0
Has anyone who ordered today received the email confirmation ths it's been shipped?

I ordered at 2:30pm edt and have not yet recieved the shipping email. ......just the order confirmation, which states that an email will be sent when it ships.

Its 8:00pm edt now.....

I order at 11:00 pm July 27 (18 hours ago, west coast) and still haven't receive shipping confirmation.

Upvote 0
Oh no I won't. Each man for himself. I'll be too busy playing with the Photon. :p :eek: :D
MUWHAHAHAHAHHAA

But as usual, community before ones self. I'll do what I can. :D Besides drex is doing an awesome job.

Has anyone who ordered today received the email confirmation ths it's been shipped?

I ordered at 2:30pm edt and have not yet recieved the shipping email. ......just the order confirmation, which states that an email will be sent when it ships.

Its 8:00pm edt now.....

I order at 11:00 pm July 27 (18 hours ago, west coast) and still haven't receive shipping confirmation.
tbhausen said it best in the next quote below. I remember this also happening to quite a few folks last year with the EVO 4G. After they got the packaged and signed for it, then the tracking info appeared. lol

TS out

Reactions: BanterandRant
Upvote 0
If you guys are doing feature requests the one I am really curious about is the ability to use webtop with kust an hdmi cable. And also how well the stand works with the hdmi and usb cords pluggued in and the stand holding the phone up.

Does anyone know if Sprint will require the tethering plan to use the laptop dock like ATT requires?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones