• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just ordered my Photon!

Upvote 0
Crap, I just ordered about an hour ago---I wonder if I can still get it tomorrow. I'll be pissed if I don't get it until Monday :( I have been following this thing like a stalker, but I got so busy at work I didn't even have time to check my email!

If you just ordered its not going out tonight who would even take shipments at this hour?

Upvote 0
Interesting, I just checked my order status. My holster shows a tracking number and that it has an "origin scan" of Loisville KY @11:37pm and a delivery date of Friday before 3pm, while the phone still shows that the order is being processed. Funny though the shipping weight is 1.4lbs, seems kinda heavy for a holster doesn't it? Anyone know if they usually send out the accessories purchased at the same time with the phone?

Craig

Upvote 0
Interesting, I just checked my order status. My holster shows a tracking number and that it has an "origin scan" of Loisville KY @11:37pm and a delivery date of Friday before 3pm, while the phone still shows that the order is being processed. Funny though the shipping weight is 1.4lbs, seems kinda heavy for a holster doesn't it? Anyone know if they usually send out the accessories purchased at the same time with the phone?

Craig

EXACT same thing here. Got a case that has a tracking number and delivery for Friday by 3pm but no tracking number for the phone. I would imagine the phone is with it. That Sprint ordering site is flaky to say the least.

Upvote 0
Me three! Boy, I'll be soooo pissed if I get the holster today and not the phone! ;-)

I really hope the phone shipped with the holster.....

EXACT same thing here. Got a case that has a tracking number and delivery for Friday by 3pm but no tracking number for the phone. I would imagine the phone is with it. That Sprint ordering site is flaky to say the least.

Upvote 0
Checked again this morning still no update on the phone. I do see updates to the tracking number on the holster. It is "on vehicle out for delivery" as of 6:52am They definetly shipped via air as it made it from KY to MI in a couple hours according to the tracking data. I am optomistic that the Phone will be with the holster because of the shipping weight. It also would seem kind of funny to next day air accessories for a phone that didn't ship on time. But thats just me thinking logically & like so many others on these and other boards have said, the whole early buy process isnt very well implemented.

Craig

Upvote 0
Checked again this morning still no update on the phone. I do see updates to the tracking number on the holster. It is "on vehicle out for delivery" as of 6:52am They definetly shipped via air as it made it from KY to MI in a couple hours according to the tracking data. I am optomistic that the Phone will be with the holster because of the shipping weight. It also would seem kind of funny to next day air accessories for a phone that didn't ship on time. But thats just me thinking logically & like so many others on these and other boards have said, the whole early buy process isnt very well implemented.

Craig

EXACT same thing here man!!! If it is ONLY the case getting sent next day air thats kinda stupid!! And its 1.30lbs. I am not sure what a case weighs, or a phone for that matter. A case has only gotta be ounces right?

Upvote 0
what the hell, did everyone also do the same thing and ordered a holster with the phone. lol

I too have a tracking # for the holster but not the 2 phones. yet the package is 2.30 lbs according to UPMS.

Just remember folks the holster is made of lead so naturally its going to be heavy. :p :D :eek:

I kid I kid,
Most likely everything is in one box (being that much in weight) but I'm afraid that they will not leave it at the front door. Because UPMS has a habit of sticking the slip on the door and not even knocking and returning packages to the holding bin. Plus its slightly raining here in NYC right now and my mother in law is out on an appt so no one is home. I'll be pretty pee'd if they take it back to the holding bin.

TS out

Upvote 0
I am getting impatient on the order status........24 hours after ordering without any status is really starting to eat at me for a purchase like this.

Although many people here are saying it will come next day like the 3vo, I am keeping my expectations low now.

There is someone on the Sprint forum already saying they've received their phone and their status still shows processing. So I wouldnt worry so much about the status. Just wait for the UPS truck to run. And if it doesnt stop at your place then call Sprints ordering status line and have them track it for you. Maybe its at a local wharehouse where you can pick it up late Friday night.

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0
what the hell, did everyone also do the same thing and ordered a holster with the phone. lol

I too have a tracking # for the holster but not the 2 phones. yet the package is 2.30 lbs according to UPMS.

TS out

Ha. I purposely didnt order any accessories because I figured with my luck the accessory I wanted would be out of stock and they would just hold my entire shipment until it was complete. So I just ordered the phone by itself. I did so at 8am. My status still shows processing. UPS runs here at 2pm everyday. Ill be waiting.

Upvote 0
bah UPS runs late here most of the time even for next day. I work from home most the time so Ill be here waiting! Even if everyone is right (and apparently those like godfather already got theirs) It is unacceptable of sprint to do this; this is the age of automation and information systems and I shouldn't have to call for everything like im ordering from home shopping network or some lame ####. I am lazy sometimes because I already spend half my life on the phone for work.

whatever I needed to get that out of my system

*crossing fingers*

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones