Just ordered over the phone, but found something interesting...

Last Updated:

1. imronburgundy

imronburgundy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if there's another post on this already... After realizing that Best Buy wasn't going to honor the early upgrade that Verizon promised, I called Verizon to do my early upgrade. Well, the guy started off telling me that since my upgrade date is the end of August and my contract date is 12/30/10, that I'd have to pay full price for the phone. I then proceeded to tell him that Verizon said anyone with a contract end date in 2010 can upgrade early... He said "let me check that" then proceeded to come back and tell me that I am eligible. So he was going to let me just pay the full price if I didn't know any better?

Advertisement
  2. Lurkr

Lurkr Active Member

Some of the CSRs are definitely less informed than most---I also get the feeling it doesn't show up automatically in their system. When I was at the counter last night, the rep next to me (working with another guy) had my guy help him. It was basically along the lines of:

Other rep:"Okay, everyone who could upgrade in 2010 is eligible, right?"
    my guy: "yup"
    other rep:"okay....how do I get that in here?"

my guy proceeding to mess with his station for a sec then all was well.....
    I could be totally wrong, but that's just how it seemed to me.

3. Kimasu

Kimasu Member

Did anyone else who ordered over the phone have to pay $299 and mail in the rebate?

I just placed my order over the phone and that's what the rep told me. I told her that contradicted what the last rep told me, that I could get the rebate instantly, and she basically said "too bad".

4. schimm

schimm Well-Known Member

That was my exact experience yesterday. I was scouting my options at the time as I knew I wasn't going to be able to order till today.

5. imronburgundy

imronburgundy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mine was an instant rebate. Only problem is that it was shipped 2 day fedex, which means it could possibly get here Monday instead of tomorrow. :( No potential playing around this weekend for me.

6. elecga

elecga Active Member

I was told that I have to use the mail in rebate also, even though I ordered over the phone. Not a big deal for me since they also moved up my NE2 date by 2 months. After everything it will come to $99 plus tax and free overnight shipping. The only issue was he had to apply a $100 credit to my next bill instead of taking it off the phone so they are charging $300 to my bill today, -$100 off next month's bill, -$100 mail in rebate.