just ordered the htc magic+..Support

Last Updated:

1. panesingh

panesingh Member This Topic's Starter

hey just ordered the new HTC Magic+ that is being offered by rogers. Any reviews on this phone? and is their anything that might stop the phone from being rooted? thanks

Advertisement
  2. TriC

TriC Well-Known Member

As of rate now you can't root this phone.. or any Magic that has had the Rogers update.

3. MoreYummy

MoreYummy Well-Known Member

With the new rogers update, there is even less space for apps. Wish it can be rooted.

4. panesingh

panesingh Member This Topic's Starter

just got the phone, theirs not that many rogers apps on their and their is plenty of space. Its a really quick and sturdy phone in my opinion. Really enjoying it so far.

5. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member

I have a Rogers HTC Magic 1.6 I want to upgrade it to the Sense. I do not use Rogers services. I live in Asian and use a China Unicom SIM card. Can I update to the Sense from the Rogers website? Or will that brick my phone? Thanks

6. GreatBigDog

GreatBigDog Well-Known Member

Dont!!!!! If you're running 1.6 that means that you have a rooted phone. Updating with the Rogers update will remove your Root access and you will not be able to get it back. I'm sure if you look around you will be able to find a ROM that is using HTC Sense and flash that onto your phone instead. BTW, Sense is not all that HTC makes it out to be.

gbd

7. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member

Sorry Gbd I made an error. My HTC Magic has the 1.5 system not the 1.6. I apologise for the misinformation. When I turn the phone on it displays "Rogers". I checked again and it is running 1.5

My concern is that as I use the phone in China I assume it is unlocked. If I download the Sense system I am afraid it will lock up the phone.

I should tell you I am not a tech type guy. I hope you can help me with this issue. Thanks very much