• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just picked up a new white Evo.

Its a shame that the rear lens still sticks out, but not to get off topic, but I received that macro/wide lens attachment (from the other thread) today and since that gadget attaches to the lens with a sticky metal ring, I noticed that it actually keeps the OEM lens from touching the desk or any surface the EVO is on. So maybe that might help also with the white version one too.

TS

Upvote 0
Its a shame that the rear lens still sticks out, but not to get off topic, but I received that macro/wide lens attachment (from the other thread) today and since that gadget attaches to the lens with a sticky metal ring, I noticed that it actually keeps the OEM lens from touching the desk or any surface the EVO is on. So maybe that might help also with the white version one too.

TS

I figured out a pretty good solution, ts. I ordered a dry install shield from wrapsol.com. it kinda sucks as far as screen protector is concerned, but there's a circle cutout that they leave in their mold, so i used that to cover the lens with the battery cover off. When i put the battery cover back on, the skin molded with the lens and sits flush. Now, i'm probably going to go without a screen protector, but my lens is protected perfectly. i'm sure the same effect can be achieved with the cheaper screen protectors on ebay. Cut a circular shape with an exacto knife, install with battery cover off, put battery cover back on and you're done.

Upvote 0
Got my evo, white on the back, black in front. Still looks good. Same price as radioshack, no rebate. Got the last one. They had 21 preorders, and like 5 leftovers, last one went to me. Few min later people came asking and calling to see if they had it. Heh. I love the phone anyway, pretty fast, have some good apps. Anything you guys recommend?

Upvote 0
Congrats man! Have fun... just a warning, you wont be able to put it down for about a week. so my recommendation is, if you have any vacation/sick time, now is a good time to use it.

Edit: just spend some time exploring, the features are endless. Set it up how you want and then make minor adjustments to improve battery life. Downlaod the Google apps (sky map, translate, goggles), they are amazing. Shazam, robo defense, air control and sketch online are cool too. Enjoy!

Upvote 0
Got my evo, white on the back, black in front. Still looks good. Same price as radioshack, no rebate. Got the last one. They had 21 preorders, and like 5 leftovers, last one went to me. Few min later people came asking and calling to see if they had it. Heh. I love the phone anyway, pretty fast, have some good apps. Anything you guys recommend?

Get on appbrain.com

You can create a free account, and pick and choose what apps you want on your phone from your desktop. Then they will sync with your phone when you open up the appbrain app on the Evo. Here are mine, to give you a few ideas.

Enjoy the Evo, its highly addictive !

http://www.appbrain.com/user/skapunx99/apps-on-the-phone
27 total, 26 free (96%), 1 paid (3%), 31MB total size, $2.99 total price

View this app list on AppBrain

Upvote 0

Oridus's Apps on the phone

Phone: PC36100
80 total, 77 free (96%), 3 paid (3%), 83MB total size, $7.47 total price

View this app list on AppBrain

Upvote 0
dude2k5's Apps on the PC36100
Phone: PC36100
57 total, 57 free (100%), 0 paid (0%), 50MB total size, $0 total price

- GeoBeagle: Geocaching
- c:geo ~ geocaching for Android
- Quick System Info
- JuiceDefender - battery saver
- Camera 360
- My Tracks
- The Weather Channel
- LauncherPro Beta
- ASTRO File Manager
- Network
- Android Hardware Info
-

Upvote 0
Got called by bestbuy yesterday that they had new EVO's in stock and went down and picked up a white one. They had nearly sold out by the time i got there at 7pm. Returned my black one to radioshack because of build quality issues (dirt under screen etc.). Hope this one works out ok. I never thought I would like white but damn its sexy and makes the phone look more classy in my opinion. By the way, Radioshack let me return mine after 30 days!! :)

Upvote 0
Just picked up a white one from Best Buy. Walked in with a black oneand told them I wanted a white one. 10 minutes later i was out of there.

Not sure if i 100% digg the white one yet, BUT the manager said i now have 30 days from today if i want to exchange for the black one again.

could we see some NEW pictures please, instead of the same pics thats been on engaget and this forum

Took these quickly with my blackberry. Not the best quality

IMG00012-20100708-1356.jpg

IMG00014-20100708-1357.jpg

IMG00010-20100708-1356.jpg

IMG00015-20100708-1358.jpg

Reactions: nomunk and ASD TANK
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones