Just picked up an EVO...looking for case and SPAccessories

Last Updated:

1. mig1980

mig1980 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Good day everyone. I just picked up an EVO and I am loving it. Best phone I have ever had. I want to protect it.

What case would you guys recommend that is thin, resistant to drops, and looks good? Recommendations and reviews welcome please.

Also looking for a screen protector. I am leaning toward the Steinheil Ultra Crystal but I am unsure if the SP covers that front camera as well and if that affects the camera clarity? Inputs on this welcome.

PLEASE help ASAP before it is too late. I want to get this stuff as soon as possible.

Advertisement
  2. docprego

docprego Well-Known Member

I'm using the Steinheil Ultra Crystal and it is excellent. After 2 months on my phone I have just recently seen the first scratch develop on it. It does cover the front camera but I didn't notice any reduction in image quality from it. To be completely fair I never use the front camera so I'm probably not the best person to evaluate this point. One thing I really appreciate about this protector is that it stays firmly adhered to the screen, I have no evidence of peeling or lifting at all.

3. shantytownbrown

shantytownbrown Well-Known Member

+1 on the Ultra crystal, agree 100% with the above poster...

I have the Seidio Active case, cant say anything bad about it, as it saved my phone in a drop..tho the case cracked in the process...similar (almost identical) cases are the otterbox commuter and the Case-Mate tough...would go with any of those based on reviews here...Seidio has a belt clip for their case if that's important to you.

4. mig1980

Does the Ultra Crystal SP affect the front facing camera at all since it covers it? That is my only concern as I will be using it for video chat.

With regards to the Seidio Active case, is that the thinnest case out there for these phones?

5. shantytownbrown

shantytownbrown Well-Known Member

a. we never tried video chat before applying the ultra crystal...but its not horrible...

b. thinnest...cant comment, as i have not tried others...but its got some bulk, but i wouldnt trade the bulk it has for the protection i got...its not like i have a shoebox around the phone however...

6. mig1980

Thank you for the info shanty. I wish someone that has tried video chat or using the front facing camera before and after would comment. That is my main concern. I realize that the front camera is only a 1.3MP camera but don't want to make it any worse. Does anyone have any input on this?

7. The Dorian

The Dorian Well-Known Member

With how low the quality is on video chatting in the first place, I highly doubt the screen protector will make a noticeable difference. I think the internet speed will make a much bigger difference than the screen protector.

8. mig1980

I understand the logic behind how low the quality is on the front facing camera but that is not what I am asking. I am asking if someone has compared before and after using the Steinheil SP?

Thank you.