just picked up htc holiday/raiderGeneral

1. perryh

perryh Member

Had an atrix my first android phone, great phone but didn't feel like replacing a cracked screen for the third time and had an upgrade so got this phone. So far I must say I thought it was gonna be too big but im actually surprised feels great in hand. Great screen and the biggest reason for me was LTE. Actually hit 44mbs up and 25 mbs dl on the speedtest app. Other thoughts: great camera, sweet screen no real complaints. Got it over the gs2, which is also LTE here but preferred the solid feel of the metal case as opposed to the plastic of the samsung. If any has any particular questions feel free ill try to do my best to answer em. And if anyone knows how to root this that would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement
  2. mgoblueno1

mgoblueno1 Well-Known Member

What network are you on?
  3. DUTCH VanATL

DUTCH VanATL Member

In what country are you located?
  4. perryh

perryh Member

Im in Canada on rogers
  5. litebrite

litebrite Member

Just got this phone today too!! Really looking forward to the root...
  6. perryh

perryh Member

Are you with rogers? Im in ottawa having trouble connecting to lte. Was in toronto when I got it had no issues there
  7. Scottie137

Scottie137 Active Member

How does the screen compare to the SGSII? I was hoping the Newley minted Skyrocket would have an HD display, but it doesn't, so I am back to the Holiday/Raider/Vivid....
  8. litebrite

litebrite Member

I'm with Rogers in Ottawa as well. Currently too cheap to shell out for the LTE plan (altho only $20 more a month) so am running the Raider on the regular HSPA service. I had to delete the LTE apn from my phone and manually add the regular apn.
  9. perryh

perryh Member

i cant connect to lte at all here. seen it say lte once on my phone briefly, went to a few rogers locations they didnt have any deviices on display. Ive called rogers its escalated to a level 2 tech now there sending out someone or so they say, im out in the west in kanata, cant say im shocked rogers isnt delivering on what hey say lol although in toronto i hit 44mbs dl and 24 up
  10. litebrite

litebrite Member

^ That sucks. Hope they'll credit you something for the LTE service you're (not) receiving.
  11. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Well-Known Member

I have a quickie question - this uses the regular sized SIM, right? (not the micro SIM or whatever it's called)
  12. litebrite

litebrite Member

Ya, regular SIM
  13. Genetic

Genetic Member

anyone know if this will have sense 3.5? im getting really excited for this phone
  14. DUTCH VanATL

DUTCH VanATL Member

Sense 3.0

See attached.

Also, only 256MB of RAM.

Attached Files:

15. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

HTC Vivid? (ATT)

1gb of RAM
  16. amsid

amsid Member

yeah i just got mine today via Rogers and it can confirm 1gb RAM
  17. Genetic

Genetic Member

Hows the battery life so far?
  18. DUTCH VanATL

DUTCH VanATL Member

Since Costco seems to be in error about the RAM, I wonder if they might also be in error about the version of Sense?
  19. amsid

amsid Member

pretty solid to be honest. got the phone in the morning yesterday. it was at 20% when i got it so i let it die, it recharged quick and i went from 12pm to about 2am with moderate-high phone usage and only used up about 70% of my battery.

I was downloading apps, customizing Sense, texting, browsing, testing games, etc

Sense is 3.0. On mine at least
  20. Genetic

Genetic Member

thanks for the reply. was that on LTE? HSPA? 3g?
  21. amsid

amsid Member

oops sorry forgot to mention that. i'm on HSPA. didn't get an LTE plan cause theyre a little pricy here in Toronto at the moment
  22. 92hatchattack

92hatchattack Well-Known Member

Whats the screen like? How does it look? Pentile?
  23. amsid

amsid Member

Screen is pretty sick. No complaints. I compared it with my buddy's 4S and i'd say it's much better. The increased resolution goes a long way i find. Even he was a bit jealous.

It is a bit of a battery killer though. If you don't mind lowering the brightness then you'll be fine. Otherwise, your phone will die fast
  24. 92hatchattack

92hatchattack Well-Known Member

Cool, so no pentile right? I hope there will be an extended battery available. Should take care of it.