Just please answer my question :)

Last Updated:

1. Android noob

Android noob Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I flashed CM6 that was ported for the Eris and I looked in the ROM manager application and noticed that there are updates you can check for... if theres an update will it be compatible with me phone? Because it was ported for the eris... So does that cause any issues?

Advertisement
  2. Scynthetic78

Scynthetic78 Well-Known Member

I think I would probably stay away from the auto update. It most likely checks for the updates that Cyanogen puts out. It's just as easy to check xda every few days and stay on the safe side.

Android noob likes this.
  3. Android noob

Okay thanks dude, thats what I was thinking.

4. varkie

varkie Well-Known Member

to use the update function in rom manager the author of the rom has to have enabled ota updates. to date i don't think there are any custom rom's that have it enabled because verizon's ota's tend to remove root. you will see this when you try to use it as a message will pop up saying stating this.

the downloadable rom function in rom manager is also useless as no devs have put there rom's on the site that rom manager uses for downloads. i found this out the hard way by paying for the app to have this function only to be dissapointed. i do like rom manager anyways so it was worth the buck i spent to support the author.

5. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

this should be asked in the thread for that specific rom. no reason to make a new thread that is based on a specific rom.

6. Android noob

Well I figured since there are multiple cyanogen based ROMS then that meant it kinda applied to all of them. Sorry though.