• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Just Purchased Verizon Accessories w/ Pictures

John566

Nov 8, 2009
Here are a few pictures of the Zoom accessories I just picked up from Verizon. Sorry for the large images but I don't have time to resize them right now.

I was very happy to see that the cradle includes a travel charger as well as two inserts (one for no case and one for use with a case).

It all looks good and I can't wait for tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• DSC00500 2.jpg
    DSC00500 2.jpg
    635.7 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC00504 2.jpg
    DSC00504 2.jpg
    792.3 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC00505 2.jpg
    DSC00505 2.jpg
    826.3 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC00506 2.jpg
    DSC00506 2.jpg
    835.8 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC00507 2.jpg
    DSC00507 2.jpg
    831.1 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC00508 2.jpg
    DSC00508 2.jpg
    826.1 KB · Views: 150
Yeah thanks for this. Quick question - that dock seems to have multiple inserts? What are those all about?

One is for when you have the case on the Xoom and the other is when it is naked. This is a great feature and is something I've always wanted docks to implement. The dock is a real bargain when you factor in the included charger.

I also forgot to mention that I picked up a DC (Car Charger).

Upvote 0
It really burns my biscuits that they didn't put hdmi in the standard dock. It's a just a pass through and my DroidX's dock has it and I payed less then $40 for that. I don't need crappy speakers in a dock, especially because it has an audio out jack and if it close enough for something to use HDMI, then you are close enough to a receiver or something else with speakers.

Upvote 0
One is for when you have the case on the Xoom and the other is when it is naked. This is a great feature and is something I've always wanted docks to implement. The dock is a real bargain when you factor in the included charger.

I also forgot to mention that I picked up a DC (Car Charger).

Did you get the car charger at VZW too? What were the prices? They don't have anything online yet. Thanks

Upvote 0
Do you think it would be too difficult to dremel out a hole to run an hdmi cable through the bottom of the dock? I know that's ghetto, but if you don't want to pay out the nose for the speaker dock, it might not be a bad solution. You could use sugru to hold the cable in place one you got it aligned.

I rather spend the money for the speaker dock or wait for ebay to sell 3rd party docks then do that. It may not work and who knows, you may end up screwing up the dock.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones