Just Purchased Verizon Accessories w/ PicturesAccessories

Last Updated:

1. John566

John566 Active Member

Here are a few pictures of the Zoom accessories I just picked up from Verizon. Sorry for the large images but I don't have time to resize them right now.

I was very happy to see that the cradle includes a travel charger as well as two inserts (one for no case and one for use with a case).

It all looks good and I can't wait for tomorrow morning.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. PaulG1488

PaulG1488 Guest

thanks for the great post looking forward to tomorrow
    marctronixx likes this.
  3. joeski27

joeski27 Well-Known Member

Yeah thanks for this. Quick question - that dock seems to have multiple inserts? What are those all about?
  4. NvrEnough

NvrEnough Well-Known Member

Nice thank u:D
  5. John566

John566 Active Member

One is for when you have the case on the Xoom and the other is when it is naked. This is a great feature and is something I've always wanted docks to implement. The dock is a real bargain when you factor in the included charger.

I also forgot to mention that I picked up a DC (Car Charger).
  6. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

thats the standard dock correct? not the HD dock?
  7. John566

John566 Active Member

Yes it is the standard dock. I also forgot to mention that it has audio out but no HDMI out.

10 hours and counting :)
    marctronixx and Cheeba like this.
  8. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

It really burns my biscuits that they didn't put hdmi in the standard dock. It's a just a pass through and my DroidX's dock has it and I payed less then $40 for that. I don't need crappy speakers in a dock, especially because it has an audio out jack and if it close enough for something to use HDMI, then you are close enough to a receiver or something else with speakers.
  9. marctronixx

i want the dock with speakers so the HD dock is the way to go for me.

different strokes for different folks..
  10. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure it's worth the extra $100 for it from the standard dock......
  11. marctronixx

it is to me...
  12. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member

Did you get the car charger at VZW too? What were the prices? They don't have anything online yet. Thanks
  13. John566

John566 Active Member

I got the car charger at our local Verizon store. I believe it was $29.99.
    marctronixx likes this.
  14. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE! VIP Member

For the dock, I wish when it was docked it would display the clock and/or weather. It just goes blank.
  15. Tech Addiction

Which dock?
  16. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE! VIP Member

17. Tech Addiction

I wonder if the Speaker dock allows the clock feature since it looks more like the Dell Duo setup? Can anyone verify?
  18. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

You could probably use tasker (or a like program) to launch an app when charging (or docked if there is a signal setn).
  19. reiththestud

reiththestud Well-Known Member

Do you think it would be too difficult to dremel out a hole to run an hdmi cable through the bottom of the dock? I know that's ghetto, but if you don't want to pay out the nose for the speaker dock, it might not be a bad solution. You could use sugru to hold the cable in place one you got it aligned.
  20. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

I rather spend the money for the speaker dock or wait for ebay to sell 3rd party docks then do that. It may not work and who knows, you may end up screwing up the dock.
    marctronixx likes this.
  21. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

I doubt he would screw up the dock other then having a hole in it, but I feel like it will be very difficult to get the mounting perfect.

I too would wait for 3rd party docks.
    marctronixx likes this.
  22. reiththestud

reiththestud Well-Known Member

The reason I ask is because if the dock is mostly a hollow plastic shell, it might not be too tough. If it's a bit more solid, then you'd be boring through quite a bit of plastic, without knowing where the electronics inside are.
  23. Chaz21

Chaz21 Member

Ordered the HD speaker dock from Verizon yesterday for $19.99 vs $79.00 from Amazon. Let's see if it actually arrives 'cause Verizon has been known to oversell and then send the "We're sorry" email. If it does arrive it'll be at one fantastic price.
  24. Chaz21

Chaz21 Member

Arrived today! A great deal from VZW (for once).
  25. beefyy

beefyy Well-Known Member

Me too. I ordered two at $14.99 each and I'm skeptical about whether or not they will come. What a deal!