• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just put on an Avatar bluray rip and....

MarcMaiden

Android Enthusiast
Jan 13, 2010
Bay Area, ca
This thing sells itself!

Ive tried Avatar and Transformers 2 on the phone and its like watching a screen equivalent to an HD tv with 120hz refresh rate.

anyone else try a few .mkv files? how did they work for you?

on a side note, I was trying to sell a captivate to a family and showing them some of th features, when I got a fring video call request from my friend who was working on the other side of town at best buy mobile....they were pretty impressed on how well it worked :)

just thought I'd share some good, to de-clutter all the "bad gps" posts :p

Another noob here so pls excuse.. but where do you get these movies?

How old are you, six? Have you not been around for the move from napster to kazaa to torrent? Have you never ripped a DVD before? Don't you know how to look in the browser's cache for movies you just watched?

Edit: I am sorry. I don't know what I was thinking.

Upvote 0
How old are you, six? Have you not been around for the move from napster to kazaa to torrent? Have you never ripped a DVD before? Don't you know how to look in the browser's cache for movies you just watched?
Let's be respectful around here please? Not all people rip their DVDs and steal media using torrents. In fact many people get their digital movies legitimate way. Former iP users are not searching for ways to get vids without iTunes. Not everyone is a freaking experienced pirate or a DVD ripper. Chill.

Upvote 0
what is everyone using to connect to the t.v.? i tried a rca cable for the nokia n97 and it will not work,but works fine on my omnia2
My TV is a huge screen 1080P, I would not use any non-HD cable to connect anything to it, do not want to shock myself with bad quality on this large screen.
I would suggest that micro USB to HDMI cable from Samsung, or even better, use the DLNA feature of the phone, if you have a DLNA receiver any where (most modern TVs have it, then some TV-connected media players have it, and HTPCs).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones