Just read that I cant root

Last Updated:

1. blksith0

blksith0 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just read that if I buy an EVO, after Oct 15, I wont be able to root. Is this still true? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know. I do know that somebody over at xda has broken the exploit of the bootloader that was causing the issue. BUT, I can almost guarantee you those dudes will have it published very soon if it has not been already. I just haven't kept up with it since it didn't involve me. If you have an EVO with software version 3.29.xxx.xx then you are still rootable via Unrevoked. If it is 3.30 then that is what is casing issues....

3. thumperyz69

thumperyz69 Well-Known Member

4. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

I bought mine last Friday and I rooted it when I got home.

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

it all depends on the hboot and software version of the phone. some are shipping with a new software version and hboot that is not yet rootable (to my knowledge. I have been out of town for 4 days so someone correct me if this is wrong)

6. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think that is it. I did not read through the whole thread but the first few posts it appears that it is still in the beta stages....lotsa things to work out yet....but those posts were made 5 days ago so maybe they have it smoothed out.

7. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

Hmmm...something to keep my eye on. Thanks for the heads up. Looking to get rooted as soon as possible.