Just received a replacement Incredible - wondering if i Need to ship back battery and SD cardSupport

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. JuniorNA

JuniorNA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I tried searching but nothing came up on this topic.
    After receiving my replacement phone and setting it up, restoring all apps...etc, I was ready to send back the cracked phone but I noticed the envelope said "Return PHONE only". So I'm wondering WTF does that mean? Phone only?

I mean, I know i don't have to send accessories back, but now i'm wondering if i have to send back battery and SD card that came with the phone.

I called Verizon, and got a case number (of course i'm going to do that to cover my ass) and "Luis" said to send back the phone only. But something does seem right, why would I get a free battery and free SD card? Sure i paid 89$ for the replacement, but I don't think the battery and SD card are included in that deal.

Does anyone have any concrete data to help me decide in returning the battery and SD card, or not returning the battery and SD card?

Assurion is closed as of now, and I left them a message...I think they would be the only ones to trust (not verizon since they outsourced it), and of course i'd trust my AF friends because they've been through the same $hit as me (hopefully).

So does anyone know? To Return or to Not return (battery and SD). I used a lot of parenthesis :rolleyes::eek:

Advertisement
  2. jdkoreclipse

jdkoreclipse Well-Known Member

my friend had a moto droid and it crapped out due to his froyo update, so he sent it back, and kept the battery, back, and sd......so i would imagine it to be the same with the incredible

3. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

I would just send back what they sent you. Typically they only send the phone with no accessories, battery or anything.

4. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

When I received a replacement for a bad phone they asked me NOT to return the battery or any accessories (including sd card) I believe that you would need to declare the battery if you are shipping it.

5. JuniorNA

If i were to send back only what they sent me, then i would be sending back a battery and an SD card because it came with the phone that i received.

6. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

You only need to send the phone back. You can keep the battery and SD card. Been there, done that.

What they send to you depends on the type of claim filed (or at least, how it's wrote up in their system). Sometimes damage to the phone (like water damage) will also damage the battery and SD card, so they send you new ones.

But they only need the phone back. They will refurb the phone (if possible) and send it out to the next guy. They can't refurb batteries and SD cards. So they don't need those.

7. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

Phone only please!

8. jtcarnes

jtcarnes Well-Known Member

I had the same thing, except they sent me an entire new setup in the retail box. I called and verified with Asurion and they only wanted the phone and back cover. I got an extra battery, charger, and cord out of the deal. No SD card, but I don't need ANOTHER 2GB Micro SD anyway.

9. JuniorNA

yah i agree. We can close this thread. I sent the phone back with the SD card, but kept battery charger, and cable. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.