Just received an over the air software updateSupport

1. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

I just received an over the air software update and now my phone about screen says I have:

Android Version:
    Baseband Version:
    T989UVLDG
    Kernel Version:
    2.6.35.11-1209942
    se.infra@SEP-55 #2
    SMP PREEMPT FRI Nov 9 22:12:40 KST 2012
    BUILD number:
    GINGERBREAD.UVLDG

The only difference I could see was the color of my Music Icon changed. Does anyone have any more information on what this software update was supposed to do? I tried a goggle search but all anyone seems to be talking about is ICS.

Advertisement
    Atma likes this.
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi bobby. I'm not aware of an UVLDG update. Are you sure it isn't UVLDE? That was the last Gingerbread update to come out before ICS.
  3. dontpanicbobby

Positive. It just came over the air at about 3:00 AM EST this morning. Definitly G as the last letter.
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Yep, you're right.

5. puchasr

puchasr Active Member

Is that for a different Galaxy S II than the SGH-T989 ? Or I'm missing something? GB?
  6. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I don't think you will get, or need it, if you don't have Gingerbread. If you do have GB, you might not get the OTA right away. They will be rolling it out through Jan 15.
  7. dontpanicbobby

It's for my SGH-T989 with Gingerbread purchasr. I wouldn't just randomly post in any S2 forum. :confused: I guess it's a maintenance release but I still can't find any info about what it's supposed to fix.
  8. dontpanicbobby

Finally found the info over at the t-mobile forums in a support document:

Android version 2.3.6 / Baseband version T989UVLDG - Current OTA version
    Version

Android version 2.3.6 / Baseband version T989UVLDG
    Over-The-Air Update (~27 MB)
    Notification via Android Notifications
    Approved 12/11/12

Improvements:
    e911 improvements

Prerequisites
    Android version 2.3.6 / Baseband version T989UVLDE update
    At least 50% battery life

So enhanced 911 has been further enhanced. :rolleyes:;)
  9. puchasr

puchasr Active Member

I got my sgh-t989 with android 4.0.4 not long ago, so I assumed that an update for gingerbread was unusual.
  10. dontpanicbobby

I guess now that Ice Cream Sandwich is actually shipping on the t-mobile S2s offered in stores or bought online like puchasr's I should probably go ahead and update mine. That's why I love these forums so much info to be found with a simple search. :D