• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Just received the newer version for EVO of the Seidio Innocase II, seems more rubberized inside!

Where did you purchase this new version from?

Also if I have the Best Buy Platinum version do I have any options other than just returning it? Have Seidio updated the platinum case with these improvements?
I purchased my original version from Seidio online, but after reports of scratching I contacted Seidio Customer Service and got a replacement no questions asked.

I'm not sure about the Best Buy case, I would go to seidioonline.com and go to the Live Chat and ask them there. The BB version of the case is the exact same, just branded differently.

Upvote 0
Got my new rubberized replacements from Seidio. Here's where it gets interesting. My wife's pink replacement has felt above the camera like BigFro posted. My black replacement has felt not above the camera.

At this point, I'm a little concerned with Seidio's quality control and going to PM them on why one has full felt but the other doesn't. It really doesn't make sense and there's no production reason why some have full felt while others don't.

Upvote 0
My wife's pink one has a more snug fit so she's pretty happy. I'm getting a replacement for the replacement because mine still does not have the full felt lining around the camera.

Also, the rubberizing makes a difference. If Evo loses paint to this new rubberized surface, I don't think there's much else I'd expect from the ICII and can't see it as the reason. I think Seidio realizes that hard paint abrasion against hard surface with paint overlay probably would result in scratching.

Again though I don't care for the fact that I will ultimately have had to return multiple cases, Seidio's customer care has been efficient. And of course I laud them for paying attention to this forum and directly responding to comments and PMs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones