Just recieved my droid eris and I am totally lostGeneral

Last Updated:

1. seagraves

seagraves Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my droid eris. I am comming from a blackberry curve which was hard enough to figure out. I am lost with this new phone.
    I figured out how ot add contacts but thats about it.

How can I add my yahoo email?
    how can I add facebook to one of my home screens and myspace also?

Any other basic things I need to know?
    I forgot to add when I look at youtube it wont let me watch any videos but I am connected to WIFI how come?
    TIA

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

all the answers to your questions are here, i dont mean to put you off, but everything you need to know is in this section of the forum.

start with the stuck topics on the top of this forum and go from there....also you can search this forum specifically using the search on the top right above the topics list.

3. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

+1 ... the tips and trick thread is very helpful when you first get the phone. You'll get answers to questions you dont even know you have yet.

4. esn

esn Well-Known Member

Just read all of the sticky s and you will figure it out its easy. Coming from a blackberry it is different but in a few days you will love it.

5. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

i agree that all of the questions and more are answered in this section, but it will take a while to find the answer to those specific question so i will throw you a bone.

when i got my eris the sales rep told me that both verizon and htc have come out and said that yahoo mail is not supported at this point. (i recommend useing a g-mail account since you will need one to purchase of the android market anyway)

to add facebook and myspace to one of your homescreens you will have to download the facebook and myspace apps off the android market. (both of those comes with android widgets that you can add to your homescreen)

the youtube things is a problem that htc is aware of. i assume since they know about it they are trying to fix it.

6. relativelyme

relativelyme New Member

My Yahoo e-mail works fine through Mail app on the homescreen. No trouble setting it up.

Cheers,
    Elizabeth

7. ericDylan

i guess htc must have fixed it in the OTA update

8. seagraves

How did you get it to work?

I have went through the sticky with tips and tricks so far it hasnt helped me lol The only good sounding thing I was interested in was the no password for email and it never worked. I tried it every way mentioned in the whole thread with no luck !

9. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

the yahoo email issue is somewhat of a mystery (to me at least, i dont use yahoo but i do read the boards here)

some say it doesnt work

some say it does work

some say it worked, then it stopped working

there are a few threads, outside this section, that talk about it....

10. JimmyHat

JimmyHat Well-Known Member

The best thing about coming from a Blackberry is not worrying about outages like they had last week.

11. ericDylan

oh ... i just read Jimmy's post and rememberred that the sales rep told me that when i got the bb tour! lol i feel slow. but i went from the eris to the bb tour --when the guys told me about e-mail not working-- and then back to the eris again. i am not saying that that means that yahoo is indeed working on the eris but that that is where i inadvertently got the info that it was broken.

12. tats_06

tats_06 Well-Known Member

You will get it...take it slowly...read up and most important do one step at a time, otherwise you will really be overwhelmed! :)

13. onion

onion Banned

read the manual

14. seagraves

LOL You must of never seen the manual because it doesnt tell you anything at all. I have learned alot with messing with it but still have a few questions.

15. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest