• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just Released My Word Warz Game Free/Paid Version

Hey Everyone,
I just released Word Warz yesterday on the android market. Still looking for some valuable feedback! Tell me what your think about my first application.

Game Description:
Word Warz is a competitive spelling game. In the game players take turns adding letters to a board to spell a word. However, you don't want to be the last person to spell the word, because you will be out of the round. The strategy in the game centers around picking the letters at critical points that will force other players to spell a word. Also, a player can bluff by adding a letters that don't spell a word, and risk being called out by the next player. If a player calls a bluff, and the previous player was bluffing they are removed from the round. If the previous player wasn't bluffing the player that called the bluff is removed from the round. The last man standing during each round receives a point. The first player to 7 points wins the game.

Right now the game supports four offline human players, and 3 different computer players. The demo supports 2 players(either 2 human players or a human player versus chubs(the easy computer player))

paid version
Word Warz - Android app on AppBrain
demo
Word Warz Demo - Android app on AppBrain

menuscreenshot1.jpg

letters__2_.jpg

chart

Thanks,
JDubStudios

See Screenshots at SarieraStudios.com

Yes, please describe the game. I have no idea what Word Warz involves.

Hi Rich,
Sorry I didnt include a description here it is:

Word Warz is a competitive spelling game. In the game players take turns adding letters to a board to spell a word. However, you don't want to be the last person to spell the word, because you will be out of the round. The strategy in the game centers around picking the letters at critical points that will force other players to spell a word. Also, a player can bluff by adding a letters that don't spell a word, and risk being called out by the next player. If a player calls a bluff, and the previous player was bluffing they are removed from the round. If the previous player wasn't bluffing the player that called the bluff is removed from the round. The last man standing during each round receives a point. The first player to 7 points wins the game.

Right now the game supports four offline human players, and 3 different computer players. The demo supports 2 players(either 2 human players or a human player versus chubs(the easy computer player))

Upvote 0
Thanks for the heads up!

First bit of feedback - how about a barcode linking to the game in the Market and an appbrain link in your post? Description of the game with screenshots and a video would be nice too!

Hi NZtechfreak,

Thanks for the reply. Since this is my first game I'm not really sure how to link the game in the market using a barcode...how does this work? I included a description below, and you can see screenshots at sarierastudios.com. I will make a gameplay video and try to put it on youtube(is there any video capture program for the droid?) Thanks for your advice.

JDubStudios

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones