Just Returned DROID X at Best Buy... HELLO HTC!!General

Last Updated:

1. KGBWOLF

KGBWOLF Active Member This Topic's Starter

Wow... i owned the INC since launch day.. and i am the typ that likes to be up to date with current phones and since the launch of the X i was debating if i should switch to it... well Saturday i decided to make the move and 3 days later i HAD ENOUGH OF MOTOROLA and that crappy MotoBlur!!! Garbage!! Props to HTC and the sense... I LOVE IT! So for all of you wanting a X, you WIILL BE DISAPPOINTED! Also, that large screen has the same Resolution as the INC so the X's screen looks dirty compared to the crisp Inc. GO HTC.. lets pray we only get 2.2 on time lol . :D:D:D

Advertisement
  2. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

Welcome home!

3. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

Carry on. :D

4. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

Reminds of the ET ride at Universal Studios FL. The other ETs sing WELCOME HOME (welcome home) in rounds.

5. Neil143

Neil143 Member

I too spent a week with the X and sold it recently. Blur is blurry and clunky. No match for Sense. Also, wifi and data speeds for some odd reason are not as fast as the Inc's. Don't care for the hardware buttons as well. And why Mot decided to swap the Menu and Home keys is beyond me! Real glad to be back on the DInc!

6. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Whoa switched back to Inc?

7. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

Glad you saw the light through all the hype...

8. killadanny

In a time of darkness, you saw the light, and came back. Or was it the dual leds?

9. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Well-Known Member

Launcher pro + beautiful widgets = better than sense anyway

Having an htc phone myself, i'll never understand the love for the sense skin. It's a couple widgets and a clock. Wow? Launcher pro has more options, the sliding dock, better more functional widgets than htc's and you can use it on any phone. And beautiful widgets has 200 skins/themes you can use whereas htc's clock has none.

But...eh...whatever. Carry on

10. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

sorry but launcher pro and beautiful widgets never did it for me its not as smooth so good try but its all personal choice

11. KGBWOLF

When i got my X i could NOOTTT stand Moto Blur so I installed Launcher Pro and i actually paid 2.99 for the plus version and IT STILL DID NOT COMPARE TO SENSE!!! It was still chopy time to time.. and ONE things that stands out a lot in SENSE is the DIAL PAD... how u can type letters to find contacts right on the spot instead of scrolling A....Z.. on the X... SENSE did a much smoother transition! One thing that i liked the X for is ONLY BATTERY LIFE!! other than that.. i am glad to be back home lol :D

12. killadanny

Yeah me neither, I mean I loved the bottom launcher but it removed sense completely and swiping through the home screens was bad. It wouldnt work most of the time and I got bad lag. I may be the only one but I dont use LauncherPro :eek:

13. Kilo7

Kilo7 Well-Known Member

I have the Dinc, my wife has MotoX..I still prefer sense over Launcher pro. I installed launcher pro, beautiful widgets on my wife's MotoX. MotoX wasn't as smooth froze a few times, and my wife has no programs. ANd there are many widgets with sense that i like. My wife couldn't even have her product on the photo widget show correctly with launcher pro. Hey , I still like the MotoX alot, it has some great features, but Sense UI is like butter. I'll be waiting for a Evo4G type 4.3 inch device to come to Verizon.

14. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member

Having had the original Droid, Droid X, and now the Incredible, I CAN see the difference in the two. No, the Sense Widgets aren't mind blowing. In fact, I use LauncherPro. :) But the UI seems smoother to me, more fluid.

With that being said, I'm still not sold on either brand. I'll always go with the device that's the best fit for me.

And with THAT being said, if HTC comes out with a device on VZW that is size-wise between the Incredible and the X, I'm pre-sold! :D

15. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

What Sense has going for it over LP is that it is so integrated with Android it stays smooth. LP is an app and is subject to being run in an app environment within the OS, which can lead to choppiness.

Sense is just fine for me. Tried LP, but wasn't feeling it.

16. Teegunn

Teegunn Well-Known Member

I have had the Inc since launch. Bought the X a week ago at Walmart. Sense does indeed blow Blur out of the water. I am running ADW launcher over Blur however and while it is not as nice as Sense, it is close. I love the Inc, but the larger screen of the X will probably win me over. I have a week to decide before I have to return the X to Walmart if I am not keeping it. Either way, both are very nice phones.

17. JuicyJones

JuicyJones Well-Known Member

You couldn't be more wrong Launcher Pro isn't nearly as fast as Sense. I used it for a week and couldn't believe how much it slowed down my Incredible. Switched back to Sense and it was like a totally different world. So much faster!

18. KGBWOLF

truueee that!!! :d

19. PurePursuit

PurePursuit Well-Known Member

lol sense sense lol

20. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

I tried Launcher Pro as well and before the day was out, I uninstalled it and was back to Sense. It is SO much faster and smoother and I won't switch it again.

HTC and Sense UI.... Life is good!