Just rooted 2.2...need help

Last Updated:

1. SAFE_2006

SAFE_2006 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I just rooted and noticed that a few things missing like maps...no biggie, just downloaded from the market but I noticed that my phone won't connect to my home wifi now. I remember reading about this but now i can't find it using search. I also want to OC my droid. Is there a rom that can fix my wifi issue and can i get a link or step by step on overclocking? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member

SAFE_2006 likes this.
  3. Ebaneezor

Ebaneezor Well-Known Member

Download Liquids mod, download an optional kernel, download a theme listed in Liquids thread (optional), Install Liquids 1.3 Rom, Install the kernel, goto the market and get setCPU <-- this is an app to set your speed. set speed and done

SAFE_2006 likes this.
  4. SAFE_2006

Ok, I downloaded clockworkmod and decided that it wasn't my taste so i deleted it. Now when i reboot while holding x i keep getting the crappy green clockwork recovery. what do i need to do to get my stock blue SPRecovery screen back?

5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

What's so "crappy" about CW recovery? It offers a couple nice features over SPR like you don't need to rename anything to update.zip. If you need to get back to SPR, all you have to do is go into ROM Manager, and at the bottom it'll say "Flash Alternate Recovery" and SPR should be there. Just hit that button.

SAFE_2006 likes this.
  6. SAFE_2006

I should have been more clear. CLOCKWORK IS DOPE but i cant stand that color...puke green. The program itself is cool.

7. nd4life87

nd4life87 Active Member

How do I make sure I'm backed up in cw and then begin flashing roms. I'm rooted but beyond that I don't have the first idea what to do. I have installed clockwork mod and it has superuser permission. Someone help point me in the right direction.

8. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

BEFORE you flash anything, make SURE you can access recovery via x+power... not via ROM Manager. Also do things on a good battery charge.

Once you are in recovery, make a backup of your phone's current state. Then download the ROM of your choice, put it on the phone (preferably in the root of the SD) and wipe, wipe, wipe data & cache.

Install the ROM.zip file and reboot! Overclocking kernels are the same installation method without the wipe. BACKUP your ROM before you flash a kernel!

Good luck and HAVE FUN!

nd4life87 likes this.
  9. nd4life87

nd4life87 Active Member

Thanks a bunch chief. I'm done backing up. How do I get the rom and extras you have in your signature? Is BB the best to have in your opinion?

10. KaveMahn

KaveMahn Active Member

BB is a good rom. A rom that works good on one droid may not work so well on another. The best thing to do is try a couple of different roms and see what works best for you.

nd4life87 likes this.
  11. The_Chief

Well... uh... of COURSE it's the best in MY opinion :)

But there are a lot of ROMs out there with a lot of fans. I think Bugless Beast is great for noobs and novices because of its sheer simplicity. Just load it and go! It also has a BB Toolkit that can make it more complex as you gain experience, so it's fully configurable (not that I need to use it).

Bugless Beast is available in ROM Manager.

nd4life87 likes this.
  12. nd4life87

nd4life87 Active Member

I just used rom manager, clicked backup existing rom and wipe cache and partition. It said press ok to go into clockwork mod or something and continue installation. Now I'm stuck at the exclamation point...what do I do from here?

P.S. I downloaded the rom from droidforums.

13. The_Chief

Sounds to me like Clockwork didn't take.

Reboot the phone normally, go into ROM Manager and click "Flash Alternate Recovery". That will install SPRecovery on your phone. THEN Flash Clockwork Mod Recovery AGAIN. Try to go into recovery again to install the ROM. Should work.

14. nd4life87

nd4life87 Active Member

I can't get anything to come up on the exclamation mark screen. Do I need to press x and up on the d-pad or something? I forget how to bring the words up...Sorry man, trying to learn this stuff but I have no background on any of it.

15. The_Chief

Did you try to access recovery through ROM Manager or x+power?

At this point, pull the battery and reinstall it. Power it up normally and let's see how it goes.

16. nd4life87

nd4life87 Active Member

I usedd the rom manager to install rom from sd card. Ill pull the battery then see whats up.

Edit...its back up.

So do I wanna avoid the rom manager and clockwork and just go straight into recovery and try installing the way I pushed froyo?

I already backed up with rom manager but as I opened it it gives me three recovery failure options. Recovery mode is broken. Rom manager doesnt reboot or other.

17. The_Chief

You'll save yourself a lot of heartache if you try accessing recovery first using x+power, NOT ROM Manager. In this situation, Clockwork Mod recovery apparently didn't take and now we have to jump through some extra hoops.

But we'll get there. :)

18. The_Chief

Go to ROM Manager and flash Alternate recovery, THEN flash Clockwork Nod recovery. Then we'll have a better idea of what to expect when we use x+power.

19. nd4life87

nd4life87 Active Member

Cool. I flashed the alternate, now flashing the clockwork mod which was successfully installed. I'll wait before I do anything else.

I put the rom on my sd card as update.zip.

and removed the update I used for froyo.

20. The_Chief

Great!

Power down the phone and go into recovery using x+power. Clockwork Mod Recovery should come up instead of the exclamation point.

21. The_Chief

When that happens, go to "wipe data/ factory reset" and wipe it THREE TIMES.

After that, go to install and install update.zip

Bugless Beast should extract itself. Let me know what's going on.

nd4life87 likes this.
  22. nd4life87

nd4life87 Active Member

I'm there.

23. The_Chief

Has Bugless Beast started installing? Or are you still wiping?

After Bugless beast has installed successfully, hit the power button to go to the main menu and reboot system now.

EDIT: The first boot will take a LONG time. Wait it out and show it no fear! LOL

24. nd4life87

nd4life87 Active Member

Thanks alot bro. Last question. Should I reback up because of this problem or should that have stuck?

backing it up again just to be safe. Ill let you know and I made sure to hit all the thank you buttons I could find.

25. The_Chief

Once Bugless Beast is up and running, let it sit awhile so Google can sync your account. Get all your apps back, redo your 5 home screens and when everything is just they way you want it, MAKE A BACKUP in recovery.

THEN we'll talk kernels so you can overclock.

nd4life87 likes this.