Just rooted, and now laggy?

Last Updated:

1. Jerry-rigged

Jerry-rigged Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Howdy gang -

Saturday I finally rooted, using the "rootyourdroid.info" method. Sunday and today, I am noticing it is laggy now, expecally when I try to back out of apps...

Anyone have a clue why? I am planning on OC'ing and mayby trying a BB or smoking glass ROM, (maybe this will help?) but I want to do a back-up first, and I am still trying to find/figure out the whole Nandroid backup thing...

Jerry

Advertisement
  2. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Can you provide more details (what ROM, are you overclocked?, what kernel, what desktop (launcher)?, apps running in the background, live wallpaper? task/memory managers). Sometimes reflashing the rom will clear up lag issues (or even a simple reboot). I am not familiar with the method you used to flash but did you clear your data and cache first?

3. Jerry-rigged

the rooted method I did is here:Obtaining Root | Root Your Droid It is a basic, load an "update.zip" file, and apply it. No wipe (or backup :eek: ) I suppose the update.zip changed the kernel or something. I didn't write down the origonal Kernal #, so I don't know.

Other than that, I have not messed with the OS (yet).

From the phone info page:

Firmware ver.: 2.0.1
    Baseband ver.: c_01.3e.01p
    Kernel Ver.: 2.6.29-pmap1-g0dd7e0b android-build@apa26 #511
    Build # : ESD56

No OC, no live wallpaper, no aftermarket task/app managers.

The biggest lag is on exiting a program, with the back button. Now I get a 2-4 second lag, as where before it was max 1s. Also, scrolling down lists is not as smooth as before.

4. Jerry-rigged

UPDATE:

Fixed this, turned out this morning, the Battery Status Widget updated, and the update is crappy... turned it off, and the phone is back to normal now.

Yea!

Jerry

5. Barkleyfan

Barkleyfan Well-Known Member

Good practice; reboot phone after any big update. Solves so many problems.