Just Rooted my Nexus One Any tips on what to do next?

Last Updated:

1. Euforeik

Euforeik Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just rooted my nexus one and i want to know on what i can do next. Any suggestions??

Advertisement
  2. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

Assuming you have also installed Anon's Recovery utility, flash a Custom ROM.

I would recommend Cyanogen's ROMs - 5.0.7 will be out very soon (probably the next week). ROM 5.0.6 has a couple of issues with it, hence I am running a test version of 5.0.7.

Also, install SetCPU from the market - will help you extend your battery life.

NB. Before you flash a ROM, make sure you have used Titanium Backup (on the market) to backup all your apps and settings, plus do a Nandroid (just in case it goes wrong & you need to revert).

3. Euforeik

I flashed Cyanogen 5.0.6 last night. I will back up using Titanium right now and I am going to install SetCPU. Thanks for the help. One more question. With SetCPU does it drain your battery faster? I was reading the reviews and people were saying that it was draining battery quickly.

4. Buck Shot

Buck Shot Well-Known Member

flash a nice undervolt kernel

5. Euforeik

I have flashed on other devices but not On android. Is it safe to do that?

6. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

I have used SetCPU for months, and to be honest, I have felt it has helped my battery life by quite a margin. Just read some of the recent reviews and dev has just released a new version.

Definately do not use the Active Widget as this will be a battery drain - I use the normal one......

Finally, if it were me, I would not go for an undervolt kernal - just stay with stock Cyanogen.

7. Euforeik

Could I ask what your settings are?