• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just rooted!!! need a bit of guidance..

umrico

Mar 17, 2010
Hi all,

I just jumped on the root my Sprint Hero boat yesterday and am loving 2.1. I manually rooted it as the pre kitchen 0.2 tool would not do the sendkeys properly. I installed fresh-cdma-hero-2.0b2. Everything seems to be going fairly well but I have a number of questions I have not found answers to while googling and reading all day and night yesterday. Some pointers would be great...

1) Wireless tether for remote users. I would like to use this program. I am able to get the laptop to see and connect to the phone. But the laptop cannot ping or browse out to the internet. I have security disabled (WEP) as I read that it doesnt work. I have tried it with access control on and off to no resolution. I have tried it in Windows and in OSX without any luck. Could someone tell me what the trick is? I tried with what the Fresh image came with which I think is wireless_tether_2_0-pre7.apk and I also downloaded and tried pre8.

2) So I loaded this recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2 on the phone. What exactly is it and is it the latest version? I understand what the fresh image is but I dont understand this recovery image ordeal.

3) Can I put Sprint Navigation back on it? (Yes I have Google Nav now but like the alternative).

2) So I loaded this recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2 on the phone. What exactly is it and is it the latest version? I understand what the fresh image is but I dont understand this recovery image ordeal.

RA is the bootloader that starts when you power on the phone holding the home key. From here you can make/restore nandroid backups, wipe, or flash updates that are on the sdcard.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones