Just rooted, now how do I decide on which ROM to use?

Last Updated:

1. nydrumboy

nydrumboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just finished rooting my Droid 2.0.1, got my Nandroid backup done, ready to ROM. How do I decide on which one to use?

I don't want to wipe the phone, as that would be too much of a hassle, so whatever ROM I choose must not require that.

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Bugless Beast is always a favorite. Search for those keywords on any search engine, then you'll find the place where a ton of ROMS are developed. Most have update zip where you won't need to do a complete wipe of your system.

have fun!

3. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Well-Known Member

You will encounter less problems all around if your prepared to clean / wipe. It's really not that big of a deal.... just a little more time consuming.

Good house cleaning ;)

4. njKeever

njKeever Well-Known Member

As you can see in this poll, DroidMod (formerly Sholes) and Bugless Beast are by far the top two. Try them both out and let us know what you think!

5. VeryApe

VeryApe Well-Known Member

Write them all down on slips of paper and pick one out of a hat.
    I like the Beast.

6. Ninthwonder

Ninthwonder Well-Known Member

or try them all and find which one fits you more... thats what I did

7. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Hahaha! Seriously, I remember thinking "which one"! Problem is that there are so many cool roms out there. I have 4 right now that I flop between and while I had to set them all up initially, now I just can flash back and forth and using MyBackup Pro, you can back up applications, settings, call logs, mms, sms, etc. I think you need to get a feel for what works best for you.

Now if you are committed to choosing 1 rom and never changing...I would offer up the Bugless Beast roms for consideration. There are two builds...one is a 2.0.1 rom and the other is a 2.1 rom. I use the 2.1 v0.5 and really like it. You can control how many screens you use (up to 7) and while you don't get the 2.1 launcher (cause then it wouldn't be bugless), you get the 2.1 build and live wallpapers (if you like that sort of thing). If you don't like the "stock" look of Bugless Beast...you can download the updater that applies the smoked glass theme on it. Most professional rom in my opinion...but not the only one ;)

8. JKaiz

JKaiz Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat as you. I decided to use Bugless Beast 2.0.1 I am just getting a feeling for it before i decide to try anything else.