just rooted. Now what?

Last Updated:

1. burls

burls Active Member This Topic's Starter

I just rooted my phone and now i dont really see anything that that great. the only thing i found is the ability to take screen shots. any suggestion?

Advertisement
  2. jeremytanner

jeremytanner Well-Known Member

Rooting gives you access to apps and functions that you might otherwise not have. That being said, you typically want to root for a specific purpose. Did you have a purpose in mind when you rooted?

For me, it was the ability to take screenshots without ADB, the ability to freeze and back up apps including system apps, and the ability to use Root Explorer to modify and back up databases in root.

3. burls

burls Active Member This Topic's Starter

i mainly got it for the screenshots. but i also wanted to be able to do more in general but i wasnt exactly sure what

4. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Well-Known Member

IMO, no one should be rooting their phone without having any reason for it. If you have to ask "now what", then you shouldn't have rooted it. Thats just my opinion though.

5. jeremytanner

jeremytanner Well-Known Member

On an unrelated but relevant note, I absolutely hate the way the Captivate board is being divided up. I never dig down into more than the root forum except when trying to find where some post has been moved. Constant frustration. Are we really posting so many new topics that we need 5 different places to store Captivate posts? /sigh

That's the main reason I don't frequent the board anymore. I don't feel like dealing with 5 separate forums for the same phone...

6. Segfault

Segfault Well-Known Member

Installing titanium backup would be a good idea. With the phone rooted you can backup system settings.

7. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Not just opinion. That's just the raw truth.

There needs to be more sanity on these forums. People are pushing things without full disclosure or education.

Root - CapFAQ

nyydynasty likes this.