just rooted phone..wierd splash screen after calls

Last Updated:

1. DaGoTTi

DaGoTTi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

every time i make or receive a call, after i end the call i get this wierd splash screen:

Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting <--video of splash screen

its a green android guy, on a cell phone. what is this and how can i stop it from showing up after i made a call?

i rooted using the unrevoked3 on my android 2.2 lastnight.

thanks for info.

Advertisement
  2. exclamation_mark

exclamation_mark Well-Known Member

What ROM are you using? That is kinda goofy. I would suggest trying to ask the dev. or just trying a different ROM.

3. DaGoTTi

what do you mean what rom am i using? my evo4g was updated to 2.2...then i just did the rooting method.

i used the revoked3 and the hboot method. what or how do i know what ROM is or being used?

4. exclamation_mark

After rooting you can flash custom ROM's a rom is like the Operating system for your phone (like win7 is to a computer) Different ROM's have different benefits. Read over this thread and get a better idea of all the components to having a rooted phone.

5. DaGoTTi

hmm ok i have read the thread twice over. i used the UNrevoked unrevoked3 tool to root my phone.

first i installed the HBOOT drivers, then i ran the unrevoked tool. it flashed my phone (im assuming) with the rooted version. and that was pretty much it.

now when i make calls, i keep seeing this android flash thing after the call.

i dont know what ROM is part of that unrevoked3 file, but that is what i did to root my phone.

6. DaGoTTi

7. puertorro

puertorro Member

8. DaGoTTi

how do i know? i dont know. i installed superuser app on there, and root applications are able to be installed. and when i make calls or receive them and i end the call, i get this wierd flash picture. so i assume something is flashed or rooted....

9. exclamation_mark

This is how to tell if you have successfully rooted Your Evo. Told to me after i rooted mine.

1) bootloader. Power off your phone. Then, hold Power and Vol-down together until the white bootloader screen appears. On the first line, do you see "S-OFF" at the end? If so, NAND is unlocked! Next.

2) custom recovery. From the bootloader menu, use the vol-down button to scroll to RECOVERY. Press Power to select. In a few seconds, the recovery image should appear. Not sure which recovery will be there. Depends on which one you loaded.

3) superuser. Boot into your OS. When it's done, go to your app drawer and look for the "superuser" icon. If it's there, you can run root-only apps.

10. DaGoTTi

ya i had all those options. i rooted my phone using this walkthrough How to Root the HTC EVO 4G with unrEVOked 3.21 [Video Walkthrough] | The Droid Demos

after that, every time i made a call, i kept getting that splash screen after i hung up. driving me crazy. and my dial pad would not respond to my finger taps untill a call was answered.

i have unrooted for now untill i can see how to stop those things from happening.

11. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

Hahaha! Dude thats awesome what is it and how do i get one??

Sorry for my immature response. I dont know whats up..but that is weird, never seen it before..

12. DaGoTTi

what is what? the issue i had with the root and the dumb splash image after every call? i have no idea, but i unrooted my phone and i am good now. its very annoying. whoever put it there slowed the phone down.

i see no reason to put that kind of option on the phone with the root, and not offer a way to stop it from happening.

13. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

Well you said you used unrevoked 3 right?

If you really want root.
    Try the new 3.2. Ive used it multiple times and it works good.

14. DaGoTTi

which link is the new 3.2?

15. madiom

madiom Well-Known Member

Just Google unrevoked. It will take you to their new 1 click process. I used it and it works well. Best of all it doesn't give you that funky screen. Also, when you use the new unrevoked method you will be on a 'stock ROM" which basically means that your phone is exactly the same as it was before rooting, but now you have "superuser" access. The way you did it before you must have used a custom ROM because a stock one wouldn't do that.

16. DaGoTTi

the way i did it before was with the unrevoked3 download...

if you goto www.unrevoked.com click on the evo on the left, then it takes you to the 2 links for downloadable options. i downloaded the unrevoked3 one...the top one. is that the one you are talking about? or did you use the unrevoked forever?

i did the unrevoke3 one, and got that ******ed splash after ever call. i didnt use anything else but that one.

17. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Why don't you email the dev and ask then.