• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just rooted

Actually i believe the recovery file is .tar which needs to be flashed via the sprint update tool. As for the kitchen it is a custom rom builder that allows you customize an update.zip file to you liking using the options listed. The link to the kitchen is here (Haxsung SDX Custom Custom ROM Kitchen)

Finally got a custom rom built and its pretty cool. Nothing really performance wise ive noticed but its nice to change the theme a little.

Upvote 0
Cool man, glad i could help. For performance you best bet is and optimized video driver...i prefer samdroidv4.4....and optimized libs either arm11 or JIT. I tried JIT 10.1 but i would reboot my phone every 6 hours or so (seems to effect everyone different so u might want to give it a shot). The ARM11 is rock solid but isnt anywhere near as fast as JIT. I just loaded up the froyo jit libs and so far so good. These can all be found either in the kitchen or on the sdx forums, if u cant find them i'll try to dig up links.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones