Just Rooted!

Last Updated:

1. mamiamjo

mamiamjo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK I've never done this before so it took long enough and I needed a few extra tries due to HTC Sync issues and using powershell on my XP instead of cmd.

I finally got the root to work and selected to do a nandroid v2 backup. One of the questiosn I still have is, What's the difference between the nandroid back up and a recovery image?

Off to try a custom rom. Wish me Luck!

Advertisement
  2. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

Congrats!

a Nandroid backup is what you use in the recovery image when you want to restore your old back up...

3. lopezpm

lopezpm Well-Known Member

Good luck. I was able to get it rooted today but wasn't happy with how it turned out so when I tried to go back to stock it all went to hell. I think I'll wait a couple of weeks and try again.

4. mamiamjo

mamiamjo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got my phone rooted and downloaded the Fresh1.1 ROM without incident and then when I went to go into recovery I accidentally wiped my phone:mad:

Is there a way to get back all my settings and things even though I've loaded Fresh 1.1?

5. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

no you can't go back to what you had when you loaded the fresh 1.1 ROM..unless you did a nandroid backup right after you installed fresh 1.1 rom..yeah you can..

mamiamjo likes this.