• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Just rooted

So, I just rooted my phone and I've been reading around the forums and tutorials and I still feel very lost. I understand ROMs but kernels and such confuse the heck out of me. I'm currently running vicious jelly bean, I've got SU, Busy Box, and Titanium backup installed. Is by here a specific tutorial somebody could point me towards that involves ROMs and kernels, including the best ones currently available and what they offer?

Also, say I just want to add a theme to my lock screen, can I do that with just my original state or do I need a specific ROM to install it? I have metamorph and when I go to install, it tells me it could mess up so I'm weary of doing it without knowing much about these subjects.

Sorry for all the noon questions that I'm sure most of you have already heard and thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones