• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just sold my Droid...

rogue_slc_vzw_rep

Android Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2010
I bought a thunderbolt and it was time to get rid of the Droid and pass my x on to the wife. I had a hard time posting the ad online but was happy to get the extra cash. I finally had a bite on my ad, $100 for the Droid plus a few accessories.. I only winced a few times the guy and I talked on the phone but nearly shed a tear as I did a factory reset and put a clean 2.2 Rom on my rooted Droid, something I'm not sure my buyer will appreciate...

Now here I sit, knowing my Droid will never be used again by me or my wife but happy that someone else will use it in good health and maybe, just maybe I have converted another lost soul to android.

Thanks for letting me have my Droid therapy on the board and have a little fun :)

Have fun with your ThunderBolt! I'll probably be moving there soon as well, I love my Droid but it's getting so slow. Still, I've had it since launch date and loved it all the way through; there's never been a phone (and may never be a phone) that has gotten as much developer attention as the original Droid, and I'll really miss that. I'm keeping my Droid around regardless of my move to the ThunderBolt as a primary device. If another phone gets as many ROMs as the Droid does and if it's as resilient to being bricked as the Droid is, you can bet I'll hop on that train.

For now, I'll stick with the only LTE phone available, just as soon as Costco gets it in stock. Good luck to you! :)

Upvote 0
It's been almost 3 weeks with the tbolt and I have no regrets making the switch from my x.

I do love how open the Droid is and remembered last year before getting my x I was flashing a new Rom or sbf a few times a week. I had to let it go though.. its old hardware and slow compared to the x and tbolt I have.

Thanks for the reply :) this site is great for those geeky Android moments I have and my wife just looks at me across the room as I get diarrhea of the mouth about how awesome the og Droid was LOL

Upvote 0
Yeah I think we all been there. I remember this past Christmas. I got my wife a Nook Color. When she opened it and turned it on she said it has an unlock screen just like your droid. I said duh its based on the same android OS. Next words out of her mouth was Keep your fingers off it and dont you dare root it. I was nearly floored as I was laughing hard.

Enjoy your Bolt. I was going to get one but decided to see whats coming on the horizon.

Upvote 0
I picked a HTC Dinc and must say it blows my droid away. I will prob pic a bolt up but my area will probably get 4G 4 years from now. I live in the middle of no where. So I can wait a bit. SO I enjoy my Dinc and still play with my droid. I might let my wife use it as her devour (
laughing-smiley-007.gif
) is on the fritz.

I am liking HTC more and more. I use to own nothing but Moto. Now I see there is other companies just as good or better.

Upvote 0
I was implying that NOT rooting a NOOKColor, of all things, which has the potential to be the best sub-$300 Android tablet with just a few software modifications, is outrageous and unheard of. There's no reason to buy the damn thing without rooting it the day you get home. Of course, that's my opinion with all Android devices, now that I think about it. The only time my devices stay stock is when root hasn't been attained yet.

Upvote 0
My ultimate phone to replace my Droid right now is the Galaxy S2 with LTE, but not sure I can wait until it's probably September launch. I am going to be very tempted to get the Charge once I see the screen. Hopefully the HTC Pyramid or Verizon equivalent will be out this summer as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones