1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Just some juicy bits about LG StarGeneral

1. berryjuice

berryjuice Member

Hi. Got two of these babies here. Is there any way I can get or retrieve its hardware spec without ripping it apart ala CPU-Z? Currently, it runs on 2.2. My Galaxy S just got outclassed by these two.

I can take more pictures of these sexy beasts if you want.

Just want to extract information as much as you do.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    :
    jonjonk, kvont, travisn000 and 2 others like this.
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, Berryjuice.

I moved your question out of the News area and into the Android Lounge for you.
  3. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Gonna move this to "Other Phones" to make it easier to keep track of so when a subforum for this device is created, this thread can be moved.
  4. infamousjax

infamousjax Well-Known Member

How did you get that? They are supposedly running on the dual core Tegra 2 chip. Go to the market and a get a sys information app and come back with the results!
  5. berryjuice

berryjuice Member

Hi. Just had a good source. :)

I'll update you tomorrow with pics. Tried the System Information Viewer and Quick System Info on my Galaxy S but it did not show any info about the graphics chip.

Are there any apps wherein I can extract the graphics chip info? I guess we can only get the CPU, memory, etc for now.
    faster likes this.
  6. uzetaab

uzetaab Well-Known Member

Is this someone from LG trying to drum up some excitement about this new phone maybe?

If so, it's worked on me :p

Sweet looking phone. It has hdmi in it? that's pretty cool.

What kind of screen is it?
    Is that a kick stand on the back?
    What is the battery life like?
    Did they mention a release date or price when they gave it to you?
    What's the resolution of the front cam?
    How much built in memory does it have?
    does the hdmi work well when hooked up to a big screen tv? does it only output video or does the android interface show up? what about other apps?
    How about a review? How does it feel to hold? Is it as snappy as one would expect from the specs? Do apps load fast? Is gaming smooth, that sort of thing.

What I've heard it will have:
    8mp cam on back & front facing cam
    1080p video recording
    tegra 2 duel core processor (wow!)
    supposedly will run stock gingerbread (yours is clearly running froyo, though it's a bit early for gingerbread)
  7. berryjuice

berryjuice Member

Here you go.
    faster likes this.
  8. berryjuice

berryjuice Member

What kind of screen is it? Capacitive. 480x800
    Is that a kick stand on the back? No
    What is the battery life like? Haven't tested it fully.
    Did they mention a release date or price when they gave it to you? I think I can't disclose that.
    What's the resolution of the front cam? Don't know.
    How much built in memory does it have? Pic above.
    does the hdmi work well when hooked up to a big screen tv? does it only output video or does the android interface show up? what about other apps? Haven't tested it yet.
    How about a review? How does it feel to hold? Is it as snappy as one would expect from the specs? Do apps load fast? Is gaming smooth, that sort of thing. - Review will come later after it is released. Phone feels solid and it is fast for a prototype.
    faster likes this.
  9. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

sick....
  10. tcallahan

tcallahan Well-Known Member

sweetness
  11. jfoey22

jfoey22 Well-Known Member

Whats new with this?
  12. Supraman21

Supraman21 Well-Known Member

Capacitive. 480x800[/COLOR]

Well its a fail already in my eyes. My next phone has to be at least 1280x720
  13. DroidCLH

DroidCLH New Member

I would like so more pictures of the side of the device, I'd like to really get a good idea of how thick or thin the phone is, and also are you absolutely positive that the screen is 800X480? that seems strange as other leaks pointed to a screen with a higher pixel count. Also could you post some pictures taken by the device I'd love to see the picture quality. One more thing, do you know if the UI will be permanent or an even better question is the boot loader locked?
  14. DroidCLH

DroidCLH New Member

Also one more thing I forgot, what type of screen is it, AMOLED, OLED, Super AMOLED, etc
  15. berryjuice

berryjuice Member

Quentyn Kennemer from Phandroid posted these pics over phandroid.com. Be sure to check it out. Not sure why they chose the the pic where I used my tissue roll as a stand. I usually use that for other purposes, you know.
  16. semianonymous

semianonymous Active Member

why does it appear to be using touchwiz for its launcher?
  17. jfoey22

jfoey22 Well-Known Member

Did you answer the question about the type of screen?
  18. berryjuice

berryjuice Member

Don't know the type of screen used.
  19. android91

android91 Well-Known Member

CDMA? Sprint?
  20. 2003vstrom

2003vstrom Well-Known Member

yeah I`m wondering too what provider will this be going too? I hope Verzion:)
  21. bizzshow

bizzshow Member

This looks great. Still trying to figure out why such low benchmarks either quadrant is testing one core or the tegra2 is over rated how does it do using neocore or linpack
  22. wingdo

wingdo Member

I doubt the current version of Quadrant is dual core aware. If an application isn't dual core aware it will only run on one core.
  23. Sam K

Sam K Member

24. frosteddroid

frosteddroid New Member

just curious if you could share that digital clock it comes with in pic 1, its been in the search over at xda for a bit...would be much appreciated

thanks frost
  25. wingdo

wingdo Member