just started at RS

Last Updated:

1. phearx

phearx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just got a job at RS and found out some info about the EVO I thought would be interesting to share.

Apparently RS has gotten 67,000 pre orders for the EVO nationwide. Most RS have between 20-25 EVO's per store, some even less. At my particular store they only had about 5 extra and were constantly getting calls regarding the EVO. Everyone that called was told to come in at 6, but with only 5 extra EVO's and about 10 people calling, while I was in the store for about an hour, I suggest anyone not pre-ordering and expecting to get the phone come earlier than 6. Also everyone whether they pre-ordered or not will get 10% off accessories at the store if they come in between 6 and 9.

If this info has been shared before feel free to close the thread.

Advertisement
  2. Ashenor

Ashenor Well-Known Member

I switched to RS today. The manager was nice and actually went and picked up a few extra phones from another store for a few people that called and wanted them. She was even holding them without a deposit but i still went and put $50 down. I have a 1 pm time tomorrow, but i only get 10% off one item instead of 20 bucks.

3. saigon

saigon Well-Known Member

Can you confirm or deny that everyone that gets an EVO gets a $20 accessory credit regardless of if you preordered or not?

I thought you don't but the manager said otherwise to me.

4. phearx

Yeah they were holding some phones for customers as well without the deposit, but still told others to come in even though they only had a limited supply.

5. phearx

I'm pretty sure you have to have preordered, that's my understanding at least. But if the manager at your RS says otherwise then I wouldn't complain :cool:.

6. Ashenor

Ashenor Well-Known Member

I just reserved mine today and RS and put $50 down on a gift card even though she said i did not have to.

You will not get the $20 acessory credit, you will get a 10% off Acessory credit if you did not preorder in advance.

7. FraGztr

FraGztr Well-Known Member

i just called RS too just 5 minutes ago and they have 1 left for pre-order. The guy was nice enough to hold it for me and i'm going there after work. :) very nice!

8. phearx

Yeah that's what I was told as well.