• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just started happeneing...

Hey, I recently about 2 weeks ago, made the move to android from windows mobile. I got such a deal, I said to heck with it, I'll just learn about a new OS. I like it so far but recently ran into a problem.

During the day, I sleep, and when the phone is "asleep" I don't get any of the calls, just "missed calls" when I wake it back up. It sleeps by waiting 30 seconds for the back light, then 30 more for "screen timeout". And during all this, for the past 2-3 days I didn't receive any calls, just notices I missed calls. My ring tone is plenty loud, and I sleep with my phone a foot away, so there's no way I slept through those texts or calls.

Also, I think it's related, my alarm, specifically my countdown alarm, won't ring either. I'll set it for 25 min. and occasionally check on it, it's still going. But sometimes I check, it's already gone off, but I didn't hear it.

And yes, all my volumes are at 100%

I have a Hero (obviously), with the leaked signed RUU 2.1 release. It didn't do this when I had 1.5, and didn't do this as soon as I got the leaked 2.1

If anyone could please help a newbie out, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

I haven't experienced exactly this YET (surprisingly!) but when I still had 1.5 & was having problems w/ my alarm volume turning itself down someone suggested I download a volume/sound control app. I can't think of what it was called now but there's many different ones. You set them to automatically control the individual volumes on your phone. It solved my alarm problem. I had it automatically turn the alarm volume up 1/2 an hour before I needed it, in case it had turned itself down.
I don't know if this will fix the problem you're having or not. Heck, it might even fix the problem with my ringer not always working! Just a suggestion....good luck!!

Just figured out what the app is called....Sound Manager!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones