Just sucessfully Rooted EVO via unrevoked 3, couple questions on whats next

Last Updated:

1. luigic81

luigic81 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've done a NAND backup, and I downloaded the full pay version of titanium backup and have frozen the bloatware and backed up everything on TB as well. so, now wondering how to do the fun stuff.

1. Should I try a new rom? If so which one is a good place to start for a noob? I am just looking mainly for something cool, clean, hopefully increase speed, eliminate lag, and has some cool stuff built in so I dont have to figure out how to do that stuff myself :) lol Also I would want a ROM that still allows 4g etc.. and all the good stock stuff

2. Now that I am rooted, how do I backup things to the SD card? Previously I used the appstosd app from the market, shoudl I just keep using that? Anything that I should NOT transfer to SD, or can I just move everythign that it allows me to?

thats it for now, I'm sure I'll have more questions soon, thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. luigic81

Also should I be backing up onto my pc as well? If so how do you do this?
    Thanks in advance for any help !

3. luigic81

bit he bullet and tried myn's 2.2 rls 4, pretty cool so far, sure lots of questions will come soon :)

4. hortstu

hortstu Well-Known Member

I'm going to try myn's ROM next so I'm looking forward to your impressions. I feel like I'm at around the same "place" as you as far as learning how to get the most out of my device.

1. I'm using fresh right now. 4g supposedly works but I think I've had problems using it when I easy tether to my laptop. I'm going to experiment more with it when I'm back in a 4g area.

2. I can't help you here. I've avoided this. Any apps I keep are ones that I use fairly regularly. I just try to be selective but it seems like there's plenty of room still.

I use linux Ubuntu and I do back up to my PC regularly. Every time things change significantly I will copy my entire sdcard to a file on my laptop after I back up everything with titanium pro and and manual data backups that some apps allow. I'll also do a clockwork. I only keep the most current clockwork on my sdcard to save space. I have 2 cw's of my stock rooted app on my laptop, and 2 of fresh. I'll do another fresh before I flash myns and keep that on the sd and the computer.

Since I use linux I just open up the file I want to save this stuff to, open up my sd card like it's a drive, and drag and drop everything to copy it. I'm sure you could do the same thing w/ windows or a mac but I'm not certain of that. There's also the terminal but I'm prone to little meaningful mistakes with that.

5. ekilroy1

ekilroy1 Member