• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just switched to an htc desire

Hey Guys just switched from an iPhone to a htc desire and I don't regret it yet one bit. The only thing that's frustrating is that the battery life isn't great but i love the interface etc and how smoothly it runs. Think google are going to be big competition in the near future. I loved my iPhone but felt i needed a change from the iPhone after having the lather iPhones for around 3 years. The new one just was not for me.

Any apps you would recommend that are free for the moment I haven't started customising it yet still trying to suss out a lot of things after using iphonr for so long my brain turned to mush lol

Thanks

The desire was my first proper smart phone but it does everything I want plus more.

My battery got significantly better after a couple of weeks with a few complete cycles of full to empty... then after that have just stuck it on charge every night or every other night.

You'll find that when it switches from being a toy to a tool you should get sufficiant time out of the battery.

Apps i've put on include:
ASTRO File Manager
WiFi Analyzer
Gesture Search
Google search by voice
SMS Popup - for repeating text alerts
Barcode scanner - for looking up products
BatteryTime: Classic - puts a nice battery on the home screen for keeping an eye on usage

Regards
Steve

Upvote 0
The best way to sync contacts is to export them from outlook or livemail as a csv file and import that into googlemail. Then sync the desire with googlemail.

The battery gets better with time, but see some of the many battery threads on here for tips.

As for apps, I'd recommend:
Astro file manager
Extended controls widget
Rockplayer arm7 divx media player
Mini info widget
Gameboid gameboy advance emulator
Spare parts
Agenda widget
My backup pro
Barcode scanner
SwiftKey keyboard

Upvote 0
nope i got some help from a buddy and it was cause facebook contacts was synced so got all messy....now i just cant suss out for the life of me why i cant edit contact info and add photos to a contact in contact book if its located on sim card?

You can't do much with sim card contacts they are very basic. All you get really is a name (up to 12 chars I think) and a single number. Any other phones you have used that provide more fields to store things (picture, emaill address etc) will have been saving them as phone contacts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones