• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just throwing this out there: Cm13 for g2 mini sources

I have a working build! Tested it myself, OTG works and I synced in your changes that enabled the Gello Browser, everything but IR and NFC work. This makes use of the stock msm_otg.c from stock source. Download below.

cm-13.0-20160818-UNOFFICIAL-x5.zip
md5sum: 1360ce9f183aa82d9bbb3ee7b1264a67

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24651430732236256

@spock1104 What sort of driver changes?

so is this version considered a daily driver Im till using the initial one from April 25 I think as DD?

Upvote 0
I have a working build! Tested it myself, OTG works and I synced in your changes that enabled the Gello Browser, everything but IR and NFC work. This makes use of the stock msm_otg.c from stock source. Download below.

cm-13.0-20160818-UNOFFICIAL-x5.zip
md5sum: 1360ce9f183aa82d9bbb3ee7b1264a67

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24651430732236256

@spock1104 What sort of driver changes?
One issue so far it won't read the data of a game I restored... It trys to redownload the data and says I need 983 mb to download when I clearly have more then that and anyway if it needed to re download I have about 2 GB of free space and more on the external sd... I use xinternalsd xposed module thought it might have been the issue moved the data to the internal SD same thing... OTG connects fine havent played with it enough but seems good!
Thank u guys for ur hard work... Happy to be back on cm 13 hope u can help with the issue
Never mind I got it to work thanks again will keep you posted on any other issue besides the ones we know about

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm going to look into NFC and TWRP now. Maybe we can get around the bootloop bug in TWRP.

@spock1104 did you revert the OTG code to a earlier commit in GitHub?
I've tried a new TWRP build, it locks on me. I can post that code as well though.

I'm posting my changes to the kernel and to msm8226-common now. I reverted the driver and added back in the older LG power management code at the same time.

I'll hang out on IRC today for better coordination.

Upvote 0
I've tried a new TWRP build, it locks on me. I can post that code as well though.

I'm posting my changes to the kernel and to msm8226-common now. I reverted the driver and added back in the older LG power management code at the same time.

Changes are pushed. My TWRP tree is in the TWRP-6.0 branch of android_device_lge_x5

I made a standalone TWRP tree because I found it extremely difficult to get CyanogenMod set up to build TWRP

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sup Spock... I'm have a problem restoring game data and the volume is extremely low on ur build... As for the games when I try to restore the backup and it trys to re download the game then tells me I don't have enough space if I try try a freash download of the games it downloads fine but I can't restore the data give me the same error

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sup Spock... I'm have a problem restoring game data and the volume is extremely low on ur build... As for the games when I try to restore the backup and it trys to re download the game then tells me I don't have enough space if I try try a freash download of the games it downloads fine but I can't restore the data give me the same error
I'm assuming from previous posts that you're switching to CM13 from a different ROM. You should have backed everything up onto an external SD card using Titanium Backup, and then in recovery wiped cache, dalvik-cache, data, and system.

Otherwise this is a problem with how the game stores its own additional content. You might have to wipe the internal SD card to get around this. Make sure you back up anything else you might have stored on there if you do this, such as pictures and music.

Upvote 0
I'm assuming from previous posts that you're switching to CM13 from a different ROM. You should have backed everything up onto an external SD card using Titanium Backup, and then in recovery wiped cache, dalvik-cache, data, and system.

Otherwise this is a problem with how the game stores its own additional content. You might have to wipe the internal SD card to get around this. Make sure you back up anything else you might have stored on there if you do this, such as pictures and music.
I did a clean flash of this ROM and backed everything to SD card only thing I didn't do is wipe internal sd... Should I do a reflash wiping the internal SD or just wipe the internal SD... What about the volume issue I have to put it all the way up just to hear a little sound
Don't mean to be a bother just trying to get everything up and running

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I rebooted and now I can't get it to crash, but I'll post a logcat asap. I know it has something to do with it running out of memory

Edit: Here's the logcat I cleaned it up a bit to make it easier to read, Garbage Collector seems start at line 1274. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the phone itself running out of memory or the app not properly coded. So far no other app crashes that i use (using ShapeShifter's Build)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I rebooted and now I can't get it to crash, but I'll post a logcat asap. I know it has something to do with it running out of memory

Edit: Here's the logcat I cleaned it up a bit to make it easier to read, Garbage Collector seems start at line 1274. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the phone itself running out of memory or the app not properly coded. So far no other app crashes that i use (using ShapeShifter's Build)
Theoretically our builds should be near identical, but for scientific reasons mind flashing my latest build and see if it continues? Or using an app to monitor the memory usage might help. I have to wonder if you have an app, maybe tapatalk itself, that is leaking memory.

I am seeing a spew of errors come out of com.google.android.gms, so you likely at the very least have an issue with play services. I've seen runaway issues with it taking up memory and/or storage, so that could be the real issue as well. So another suggestion would be to uninstall all play services updates and flash a new gapps. My recommendation would be http://opengapps.org/ , use arm and 6.0.

Upvote 0
Theoretically our builds should be near identical, but for scientific reasons mind flashing my latest build and see if it continues? Or using an app to monitor the memory usage might help. I have to wonder if you have an app, maybe tapatalk itself, that is leaking memory.

I am seeing a spew of errors come out of com.google.android.gms, so you likely at the very least have an issue with play services. I've seen runaway issues with it taking up memory and/or storage, so that could be the real issue as well. So another suggestion would be to uninstall all play services updates and flash a new gapps. My recommendation would be http://opengapps.org/ , use arm and 6.0.
I'm using gapps (full) from 8/6 so I don't think that'd be the problem, but I'll do it anyways
I'll try flashing your build and use an app monitor

EDIT: I just checked and google play services was last updated yesterday, but this version only applies to android N

Upvote 0
Never edit generic.kl, bad things can happen. You need to edit gpio-keys.kl

I figured that out like an hour ago when my power button stopped working :) (I pulled out the battery and used the button combo to get to twrp and restore the nandroid I had made). Guess I will try that other file now. Thanks
Edit:
It worked. Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@spock1104 I asked the #cyanogenmod-dev channel on IRC about NFC. After showing a logcat someone thought there might be a race condition in the kernel, more than one thing is fighting over NFC. However I didn't get any further help so take that with a grain of salt. Just sharing in case it helps get NFC working.
Not even sure how to go about trying to figure that one out... it's an interesting theory though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones