just traded in my eris

Last Updated:

1. Raazazuul

Raazazuul Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just traded in my Eris due to it locking up and decided to go with the moto. So far loving it and have yet to adjust any settings yet.

First impressions: the Eris did feel a little more solidly built and I am sad to say the virtual QWERTY lags just as bad as the Eris did. The physical keyboard is really not bad. It is definitely speedier.
    Some of the button placements seem a little awkward as I have small hands. That's about all I have played with it so far.

Can't wait to get customizing!!

Advertisement
  2. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

Congrats on your purchase. I have the Droid and haven't noticed any virtual or physical keyboard lag. Curious, did your phone come with Firmware 2.01 or 2.0?

3. DigiPimp

DigiPimp Active Member

i did the same on saturday and im happy so far. the wifi seems pretty flaky, but im working on adjusting the settings and hoping it works. the eris camera did seem better though, or at least the camera app.

4. Raazazuul

I believe it came with 2.0. Just an hour after I got it it popped up with an update.
    I agree the Eris camera app was better but I think the motor takes better pictures.

5. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new baby

When my replacement came in the mail it came with 2.0, but after an hour or so it asked if I wanted to update. Same as him.

6. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Strange that your keyboard is lagging. Mine did that pretty heavily, but once I updated to 2.0.1 it was speedier than hell. Has your phone downloaded that OTA update yet or is it still at 2.0?

7. funkdoctor

funkdoctor Well-Known Member

If you droid keyboard is lagging like the eris then something is very wrong. Before I gave my eris to my wife, I could type a sentence, put the phone down, grab the remote change the channel and let it catch up. Granted I type around 80 words a minute, but the lag was around 15 to 30 seconds. I typed this on my Droid and the phone kept up with me. Either my Droid is extraordinary or something isn't right.

8. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

I agree. The keyboard lag hasn't really been a common/popular complaint with the Droid as far as what I've been reading on these forums is concerned. Assuming you've updated to 2.0.1, have you tried a simple battery pull? Something like this would really annoy me to the point where I'd actually try a factory reset or get a replacement.

9. rockrdr

rockrdr Member

I had the Eris for about a week, I liked the feel, the apps defiantly play together better on the Droid, i felt the same way I needed a keyboard, but all in all the moto Droid is a far superior phone!
    bulky yes, but hey think of it as a mini mini laptop...

10. Raazazuul

It doesn't lag really too bad. Just enough to be slightly annoying. I will try a battery pull and see if that helps at all.

11. aztechmaster

aztechmaster Member

battery pull???? i LEFT bb for a droid thinking 'no more battery pulls'.....;)

12. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

Trust me, I know what you mean with the infamous BB battery pull, but the good news is that I've owned the Droid for over a month now, and haven't yet had the need for a battery pull. :D